Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:19 AM

Re: How Do I Stop Crying?

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss of Cassie, Art ..... she will forever be locked in your heart....x
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 02:00 AM

So sorry, Art, but let that crying go on as long as it needs to. Every time I have lost a pet it has taken me years to consider having another because the loss is so traumatic. I feel for you. x
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 04:54 AM

I don't know if I've shared this story here. Some years back I had a cat named Kashi. A small ginger tom but he ruled the other animals cats and dogs alike. Very loving with his humans, he slept with us every night. I always pray he never saw the car that ended his life one night. For two months any image of an orange tabbie and the tears came. Even a breakfast cereal brand Kashi made me sad.

Hubby was pretty choked up as well. We have several cats, but Kashi had a larger than life personality. We all missed him very much. After two months hubby gently suggested we go to the local pound and just have a look.

They had a large room full of free roaming homeless cats. In the window oblivious to the noise was a small ginger tom sleeping soundly. I stroked his back. Almost instantly he was awake and on his feet. He all but climbed my clothes to get on my shoulder. Other cats would come by and he hissed them off.

He picked me and I know it was meant to happen. Kashi's spirit was alive and well in this beautiful boy. We brought him home. A young cat in a new house with dogs and several older cats. He pranced past them all and stood in the food bowl to dine. That's been maybe four years ago and he hasn't changed a bit.

Only you can know when it's time. But perhaps giving a homeless dog a new lease on life can be healing for both of you.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:23 AM

EDITED: Second thoughts.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My beautiful 11 year old Labrador Cassie was put to sleep on 30th December 2015. I am devastated as it was all so quick. She went off her back legs on Boxing Day, she seemed to rally but then went downhill so quickly.

Cassie....If I could have taken years off my life and given them to you. I would have done so in a heartbeat....
My condolences on the loss of your dear friend Cassie..

Give yourself time, its only been a few days and of course the hole that has been ripped through your life is a huge gaping raw wound. Its an old cliche but time does help to heal..
It take time for all the raw edges to heal .On new years eve I took Benny to a quiet place on the industrial estate to walk, away from fireworks and realised the last time I walked there Id been with Remy and Benny.. I cried again at the loss of my little one.
The pain of their loss and the tears we cry just reflect what they have meant to us and the depth of feeling we have for them...
Let your tears flow , dont be ashamed, grieve for Cassie until you are ready to begin remembering good times and funny things she did, thats when the healing begins...
((( hugs)))
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:31 PM

So sorry to hear about Cassie. So happy for you Art that you
had the love of your beautiful girl . That's why you are crying
for her now. The love will never go but it will become easier
to cope. So cry and also try to start thinking of the great times
you both gave each other.
She will be with you in spirit always. I hope you get some comfort
from knowing that.

My cats are always beloved like your animals and I still shed a
tear even though Bob passed 18 months a go. Then I try to
make myself laugh with the funny things he used to do.
Bless them.

Hugs for you Artangel and for your familyxx
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 01:01 PM

A hug is on its way to you x
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 03:01 PM

So sorry for the loss of your dog Cassie. x
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 12:38 AM

Thank You all again for your replies, your lovely words helped me an awful lot.
I was feeling much better until today when I received a lovely card from the veterinary practice expressing their deepest sympathies. They said Cassie had been a lovely patient for them to treat. Even though it was probably a standard card sent out, the kind gesture and the lovely words brought tears to my eyes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 12:43 AM

My vets do the same Arty, so I understand what you mean.

You will get there matey, it's just a damned awful road along the way. X

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top