Join for free
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 09:04 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Robert a simple way to remember how to spell Diarrhoea is...

Died In A Rolls Royce Having Overeaten Again

Thank you, Mags, that's new to me.

I also have trouble with this one, it's in Wales I believe

LLANFAIRpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Thank you, Mags, that's new to me.

I’ll leave that one to the clever people!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 09:50 PM

I was going to say Maggie Thatcher as the adult woman is the image of her, snap Mags,. but wasn't maggie's dad a grocer?
Kids faces change all the time as they grow older, especially girls, I’d say the girl is about nine years old in that photo. I’m assuming the two adults are her parents and I believe vicar’s daughters turn out to be a tad wild when they come of age and get their freedom.
But the fact is I haven’t the foggiest idea who she is, how about a tiny clue?.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 09:59 PM

I wonder was the “Bloody Red Baron” the first “Winged Nut”?

Every time I close and bolt up the shed for the night and come into the house the wife habitually asks me “Jimmy, are you locked up yet?” I always give her the same answer “Not yet my dear, but they’re coming for me later”
I think a sense of humour between two partners helps the relationship to last and prosper, we’ve been poking fun at each other since we met over 60 years ago, all in familiar fun of course, no two people could be closer.
I well remember the first time she slagged me, we were only kids, as it happened I turned up for the date wearing my brand new black leather jacket (the fella who sold it to me said something about it and the back of a lorry) thinking I was looking like James Dean, she took one look at me and said “Where’d you get the jacket?, the sleeves are too long on it” I was devastated.
We went to the pictures and I had to wait until the end of the night to get me own back, up popped the opportunity when she said, “I’m going shopping into town tomorrow with my sister” “Good” says I “Buy yourself a pair of breasts while your in there”
We’ve been at it ever since, great fun.

I was just reading about communication satellites, I was shocked to learn that the average life of each satellite is only 5-8 years!!! My God there must be an awful lot of useless junk spinning around out there since Sputnik went up in 1957, can nobody be done for this type of littering?, shouldn’t they be made bring them back and dismantle them safely like they have to do with old ships, but knowing human nature and greed this will go on forever until some disaster occurs.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I was going to say Maggie Thatcher as the adult woman is the image of her, snap Mags,. but wasn't maggie's dad a grocer?
Kids faces change all the time as they grow older, especially girls, I’d say the girl is about nine years old in that photo. I’m assuming the two adults are her parents and I believe vicar’s daughters turn out to be a tad wild when they come of age and get their freedom.
But the fact is I haven’t the foggiest idea who she is, how about a tiny clue?.
Maybe it’s Theresa May, wasn’t her father a vicar?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Maybe it’s Theresa May, wasn’t her father a vicar?
Yes it is Theresa May.

I might do another for you all tomorrow if you like????

It is Good Night Possums for now.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 01:16 AM

If you're interested RJ,''Lanfair'' is a tiny village on Angelsey.
Many moons ago,when Sweetie was still a virg -er still at school,I used to have to go there to the 'Dennis' factory,load two dustcarts,then transport them to whichever council was feeling plush. [NOT always both to the same council].
Y'have to pronounce the first two 'L's as ''CL''....a truth the locals loved to remind me of when I was learning to say it over a hot brew in their works canteen.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 07:21 AM

Pugsy, D'ya reckon, all them Dustcarts have now been recycled to a < or > extent.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 07:27 AM

MT, Mt,, are you sending surreptitious messages to a fellow of the Bottling Industry? and, with all this Scum about, seems we may need a Scumbag, but, not just any Scumbag , but a Scumbag for life.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 07:40 AM

We've got one like that!
"Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapik imaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu"

In Central Hawkes Bay.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top