Join for free
Page 10 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:38 AM

Re: Chemotherapy

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
My oncologist believes that a positive mind leads to positive results....and all his patients have had a form of cancer. Fighting and believing you can beat it means that your brain will help the process.... that is why I think that feeling sorry for yourself never helps. We all have down times through the treatments but we need to look ahead of them and believe that we can get better!
You are so right Twink, keep fighting and stay positive.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I seem to have had very few of the side-effects of chemo this time round - unless that is what is causing my fatigue and being out of breath after a short while. No hair loss although it's not growing, either.

I have the dosette box, full of steroids and my resolve this time is just to not eat so mindlessly when taking them. It's a known side effect of steroids but I needn't give in to it.
I have the fatigue and breathlessness too Ffosse but I have one or two other side effects too including a sore nose, dry skin and splits on my finger ends. My hair has thinned and is slow growing too.

I shouldn’t worry too much about putting a bit of weight on, it’s better than losing weight so long as you eat healthily which I’m sure you do.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
You are so right Twink, keep fighting and stay positive.
You are doing fine Val! I don't know what type of cancer you are fighting but you seem to have the right attitude so Good Luck.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:59 AM

Val have you tried soaking your nails in olive oil? It is also good for dry hair.
Val J
East Yorkshire

24-05-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You are doing fine Val! I don't know what type of cancer you are fighting but you seem to have the right attitude so Good Luck.
Thank you Twink. I have bowel cancer and so far the treatment is helping. Support from family and friends including forum members helps to keep a positive attitude. x
Val J
East Yorkshire

24-05-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Val have you tried soaking your nails in olive oil? It is also good for dry hair.
I’ve not tried olive oil Sweetie but will give it a go. At the moment I’m using udder cream!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 01:14 PM

Thank you Twink. I have bowel cancer and so far the treatment is helping. Support from family and friends including forum members helps to keep a positive attitude. x
My sisters friend had bowel cancer and ended up with a colostomy bag, but she is determined that it won't spoil her life. She still goes out with her friends, looks after her home and family and even takes holidays.... the most recent was to Mexico.
I know she sometimes feels ill, but she said that is the price she is prepared to pay , for still being alive.
Val J
East Yorkshire

24-05-2018, 01:29 PM

A colostomy bag doesn’t sound nice Twink but if it enables her to get on with her life, it has to be worth it. I wonder what makes her feel ill, is she still having chemo?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

24-05-2018, 01:54 PM

A colostomy bag doesn’t sound nice Twink but if it enables her to get on with her life, it has to be worth it. I wonder what makes her feel ill, is she still having chemo?
No she just has regular check ups. Unfortunately when you have a serious illness you tend to blame it for all the other discomforts you may have, when it is really just something that other people get too. In the early stages of my cancer I would assume it was causing any symptoms that made me feel ill....but it wasn't! Everybody has headache, earache, tummy upsets and pain, but there is always a fear that it may be the cancer returning. Eventually we all get to realize that it isn't!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 06:52 PM

Or it could be.

Awoke this morning with a temperature of 38.4 (at which point I'm meant to phone the hospital but couldn't face going there as they would tell me to come in) and a raging headache.

They've both gone over the day but I dread them coming back tomorrow morning (I think i picked up a bug from somewhere which can be dangerous for me.) It could have been the chemo yesterday as I had a different drug but I don't know.

Anyway, today I've started my 4 days of prednisolone plus one other drug I can't remember the name of.

Page 10 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top