Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 03:10 AM

Re: Boris Johnson plots 'Revenge'

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

He said: “Dom is full of amazing ideas where he has spotted loads of improvement in infrastructure and technology procurement and he has spotted how that as our technology horizon changes, how we procure has to happen differently and I am incredibly supportive of what he is talking about.”
What does that mean? You only buy from your mates or when you have a stake in the company?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 03:19 AM

I thought the appointment of judges is approved (or not) by the Lord Chancellor.....?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes I just said he is not an MP but an unelected bureaucrat who is pulling the strings, just what you and others have said you hate about Brussels. The tail wagging the dog.

SPaDS are different ... they advise, unlike MPs who are law makers
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:43 PM

I was wondering what a SpAd is, so I looked it up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_adviser_(UK)
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 01:52 PM

What does that mean? You only buy from your mates or when you have a stake in the company?
As you can see it is a quote by wallace from MoD. Ben wallace is cabinet minister for defence, and I found it here https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ops-in-estonia
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

So unelected, and nevertheless still running the show. Cummings, without any mandate, answers the press questions on subjects the (prime) minister is responsible for. That goes further than anything ever happened in brussels.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Signal Passed at Danger
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-12-2019, 02:19 PM

I thought the appointment of judges is approved (or not) by the Lord Chancellor.....?
Boris action of prorogation was blocked by the supreme court. Those justices are appointed by the queen, on advice of the pm.
But any of these justices can be removed on address by both houses of parliament. So there is a form of democratic control.
Boris' grudge, and some here, is that the judges found his actions were not within the boundaries of the law. He just wants revenge, like any puberal schoolboy does.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-12-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
SPaDS are different ... they advise, unlike MPs who are law makers
So why are you celebrating Dominic Cummings "sorting out the Supreme Court as well as the government."? An un-elected adviser is "sorting out" both these matters how??
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 05:49 PM

So why are you celebrating Dominic Cummings "sorting out the Supreme Court as well as the government."? An un-elected adviser is "sorting out" both these matters how??
Because he is an absolute genius at this sort of stuff thats why.

As an adviser that's his job - to advise on what needs to be done, but because Cummings is so brilliant most of his recommendations make perfect sense.

As an example, he is recommending that public money is spent on objectives rather than process. This would save the country billions on red tape and "group think" instead of delivery.

Don't get confused between a SpAd and an unelected EU bureaucrat - the two are very much different.

You should read his blog about "seeing rooms" its fascinating.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top