Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 02:39 PM

Re: Style through the era's.

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Levi 501 .. how I loved those with inconvenient button fly. Good enough for Wham, The Smiths ...
Still my favourite jeans tbh although I don't have any at the moment.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 02:57 PM

Sigh, quite a few years since I wore Jeans I'm afraid. Nowadays its straight leg trousers in winter, usually in Black, Brown, Navy or Gray, or Leggings to go with my Boots and long Shirts, and white or pastel coloured straight-leg crepe trousers when worn in spring and summer. I love the summer crepe trousers cos usually they are either pull-on or elasticated waist. Soooo comfortable to wear. (Well, I am in my early 70's now and no longer a size 8 or 10!!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 03:27 PM

I never stopped wearing jeans since I was a 60s child. Various office jobs I've had required smart/casual most of the time, and I got away with jeans & blazer most of the time. If I needed a suit for meetings, I changed back into jeans asap.

I'm currently wearing what they call low-waisted skinny, I'm skinny below the erm waist.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 04:09 PM

My teenage years were mostly in the 60's. Mini skirts (which seem never seem to have gone out of fashion!), skinny rib jumpers and hipster jeans (sounds so much nicer than low rise!). My mum crocheted 2 mini dresses for me, one white with short sleeves one black with long sleeves. I wore a flesh coloured bra slip underneath which raised a few eyebrows as some peeps thought I had nothing on underneath
The early 70's was hot pants, maxi dresses, mini skirts still and platfrom shoes.
I suppose the 80's was all shoulder pads, bat wing jumpers and boiler suits. I really don't remember any particular style for the 90's and 00's but I suppose I was getting on a bit by then
Mind you, I'm 69 and still wear jeans nearly every day
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 07:57 PM

I definitely missed out, what with the summer of love an' all that.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top