Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 10:38 PM

Planes & high winds

Well my giddy aunts, I'm the worlds worst flyer, I'm petrified of flying so I'm so, so glad I wasn't on these planes today. I would have crapped myself for sure.

I can imagine those passengers being VERY relieved once they landed safely.

Much respect to the pilots who eventually do get their passengers down safely.

I was holding my breath...……..phew.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...athrow-airport

Keep watching, it goes onto show another flight from Portugal
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:05 PM

Re: Planes & high winds

We landed in France on storm Brian a couple of years ago and it was so bad that the wing clipped the ground with some sparks! That was almost as bad as an internal flight through a really bad thunderstorm in Texas in the late 80s. The plane had many Mexican passengers who were crying and praying. I guess the prayers worked!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:32 PM

I am so glad I don't fly. That makes me even more scared than I am already, to get on a plane.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 01:25 AM

I had a really frightening flight from Heathrow to Singapore on the way to Melbourne.After about 10 minutes the inflight entertainment packed in.I had to make polite conversation to the person next to me for hours

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top