Join for free
Page 52 of 79 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 10:50 AM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Ah, I get it. You are saying, in effect, "Let's pretend that the buying and selling of tens of thousands of human beings should be ignored."
Works for me!

But in any case the role played by the likes of Colston was providing TRANSPORT for the people captured by their own kind or the Arab slavers and transported to AMERICA where they were used to create AMERICAN wealth.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Without reading back on every single post, I don't think it has mentioned that two of the four cops involved in Floyd's death were apparently black.
So who would they support in all this I wonder?
It seems to be cmmon in america t appoint black persons as
Police chiefs, especially in southern states?
Are these real appointments or are they uncle toms?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
"Black" is too lose a description. Many races have dark skin but races are far from being all equal to each other in every way.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔

My apologies Donkeyman, I edited my post a little after you had read it:

" Without reading back on every single post, I don't think it has mentioned that two of the four cops involved in Floyd's death were apparently non-white also?
A Mr. Kueng and another called Tou Thao.

So I can't help but wonder which side they are supporting in all this."
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Peaceful demonstrations are fine, they are our right, one of our basic rights in a Democracy.

Banning them is the first step towards Totalitarianism.

Unfortunately they are too often taken over by idiots and troublemakers.

This results in attacks on the emergency services, not just the Police, but Ambulance and Fire Brifade staff.

Pritti Patel has just announced plans to double the sentences on those who attack the Police.

This is pathetic.

We should go much further.

It should include all the emergency services and those convicted should have all their benefits stopped and those not on benefits should be made to pay full costs of any medical treatment they or the emergency services require.

Hit them in their pockets

We should not be subsidising pillocks.

It should not be Crime does not Pay, it should be Crime Costs.
This!

The usual half-measures taken by the government.
Are they afraid of upsetting certain people?
The rioters deserve to be upset and punished severely.

Somehow, I just can't see it ever happening.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:40 AM

I really must stop looking at the news it’s so depressing .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by DanceSuzy ->
What are various statues? Like random statues? Random statues are not the concern. The statues that need to be removed are confederate war memorials. Do they have Nazi war memorials in Germany honoring those who served for Hitler? I really don't know the answer to that question but it seems like a parallel example to me. The issue is removing statues that honor those who fought for slavery which was abolished. We can not glorify those who fought to deny the rights of others based on their non whiteness. This is my first post. I am hoping this site is cool with polite adult discussion. I just got bullied off of FB for expressing my opinion.
I don't think anyone will complain about polite discussion, Suzy. They may disagree, but not complain.

To be honest, though, I don't find it particularly relevant to my interests to debate American opinions, though I understand your point about the Southern States.
Again, though, slavery in America was a long time ago and perhaps we/you shouldn't break your hearts over something that happened before living memory and cannot be any of your fault. Just my opinion.

Welcome to the forum.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-06-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Welcome to OFF You will not get bullied here we are a robust but friendly group

The question is where do you stop ?
Rome was built by slaves .
The pyramids ?
Every historic building that was built on proceeds of the slave trade ?
Do you want to dynamite Mount Rushmore seeing as at least two of those depicted kept slaves ?
We should send the BLM rioters to Egypt.

I'd love to see how successful their efforts are at pulling down pyramids!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-06-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes, sorry Muddy......
It's very difficult not to respond to a provocative post....

This whole issue should never have come to these shores. It's about police brutality in America. Our police, in the main do a sterling job under difficult and underfunded conditions, and apart from perhaps London with it's gang culture, black people enjoy the same benefits and privileges as do the rest of the population. Thanks to the media and internet this has been a well orchestrated attempt to upset the status quo and destabilise countries outside America. Only a fool can not see how we are being manipulated and forced to take sides between black and white, and it appears the young have taken the bait hook line and sinker, perhaps when they become responsible adults with children, a house and mortgage and not be led by some left wing university lecturer their priorities will change.
Exactly!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My apologies Donkeyman, I edited my post a little after you had read it:

" Without reading back on every single post, I don't think it has mentioned that two of the four cops involved in Floyd's death were apparently non-white also?
A Mr. Kueng and another called Tou Thao.

So I can't help but wonder which side they are supporting in all this."
Why apologise Mups?
BTW I did see yur edit, and it was the reason for my subsequent
post!!

Donkeyman! 👍😇👍

Page 52 of 79 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top