Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 07:26 PM

Re: Forever Family :- check this out.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You think you're ok and the problems are with other people.
Again what?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 07:42 PM

Look there's two entire do separate issues involved.

On the one hand there's a number of numb-nuts most of whom are Doolally-Tapped to varying degrees who pursue their "good agenda" to safeguard the lives of animals above all else and are little more than an irritant to normal people, the so called bunny huggers.

On the other hand there is an increasing number of uncivilised savages and their stupid and toxic hangers on who should not even be in our society and who are hell bent on destroying it and replacing it with a tribal nightmare.

Personally I'm mostly ambivalent where bunny huggers are concerned. I actually have a lot of sympathy with many of their objectives though not with all the methods they employ. But I have absolutely no sympathy with the objectives or the methods of the BLM lot. The dreadful irony is that BLM is just the name on the bandwagon but the passengers are racist low lives who's aim is destroy our civilised world and reduce it to their level in the expectation that if they're unable to thrive in ours they might do better living à la arboreal.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 07:56 PM

Like Rhododendrons they should never have been here! Whoever was breeding them here is responsible because it was always a risk just like the lab in Wuhan.
Cultivating rhododendrons in this part of the world is not easy and expensive.

We've got a quite dense rhododendron hedge along the Easterly end of our garden.
Initially it cost a bloody fortune for ericaceous compost to fill the trench but thankfully ericaceous fertiliser isn't too expensive but the wonderful display of flowers is well worthwhile as well as the plants acting as windbreak, very important in the Winter hereabouts.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Cultivating rhododendrons in this part of the world is not easy and expensive.

We've got a quite dense rhododendron hedge along the Easterly end of our garden.
Initially it cost a bloody fortune for ericaceous compost to fill the trench but thankfully ericaceous fertiliser isn't too expensive but the wonderful display of flowers is well worthwhile as well as the plants acting as windbreak, very important in the Winter hereabouts.
It's an invasive species. They should never have been introduced here along with many other non native plants. I guess in the 18th C they didn't think about consequences. I've seen them in woodland completely taking over an area. They try to get rid of it but it's very resilient if the conditions suit it. A bit like Japanese knotweed.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...rol-plantwatch
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 08:51 PM

Personally I'm mostly ambivalent where bunny huggers are concerned. I actually have a lot of sympathy with many of their objectives though not with all the methods they employ. But I have absolutely no sympathy with the objectives or the methods of the BLM lot.

Yes that was my point. In reality the "bunny huggers" will have more impact. Yet your fears lie elsewhere.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-08-2020, 09:00 PM

Yes that was my point. In reality the "bunny huggers" will have more impact. Yet your fears lie elsewhere.
Are you serious. I mean are you REALLY serious?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-08-2020, 09:05 PM

It's an invasive species. They should never have been introduced here along with many other non native plants. I guess in the 18th C they didn't think about consequences. I've seen them in woodland completely taking over an area. They try to get rid of it but it's very resilient if the conditions suit it. A bit like Japanese knotweed.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...rol-plantwatch
The toxic invasive things that are in the process of destroying our environment have two legs and a native environment far far away from OURS..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-08-2020, 09:05 PM

Are you serious. I mean are you REALLY serious?
Yep! The eco movement has swallowed it up. It's far more powerful than a single political cause. We will see but I bet I am right.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-08-2020, 09:17 PM

Yep! The eco movement has swallowed it up. It's far more powerful than a single political cause. We will see but I bet I am right.
It's got SFA to do with the Extinction Rebellion movement. There is no common ground.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-08-2020, 10:24 PM

It's got SFA to do with the Extinction Rebellion movement. There is no common ground.
If you believe that then perhaps you should watch this. There is a group called Animal Rebellion linked to Extinction rebellion :

However, such protests don't get the same publicity.

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top