Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:43 PM

Re: To my shame...

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I can see some people in here are quite content to say nothing if they witness a theft occurring. These people would behave differently if they was the victim of the theft.
I think a lot of people are likely more upset about the violence and violation of personal property than the actual thing stolen.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:44 PM

I can see some people in here are quite content to say nothing if they witness a theft occurring. These people would behave differently if they was the victim of the theft.
Fair point, and no doubt the victim would be grateful of any assistance.

I guess the question comes down to what situations people might be prepared to put themselves "at risk" when confronted with a criminal act.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 09:07 AM

We all contribute to 'the element of loss' in the price we pay for our goods.

I once saw an elderly woman take a tin of fish in a supermarket. I said nothing, security staff are employed to deal with that kind of thing not me.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 10:53 AM

Well of course! That's human nature but better them than me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 08:52 PM

Once about 20 years ago, l was a bit naughty and said, l was an off duty police officer to some schoolgirls in Boots.
They were grabbing handfuls of cosmetics and putting them in their pockets.
I asked them to put them back and they did... then they ran out of the store.

I would never do it again as l could be arrested! The staff weren’t exactly bothered. By the time they sent security over the girls had gone.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top