Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 01:46 PM

Vanilla Cloud Frosting

Hi everyone, I'm so pleased that after a couple of years of trying countless recipes it still all came down to trial and error when making the perfect cupcake frosting every time.
but it looks as though my search is over !! yeah ! I’ve finally found it !

I thought I would share this dreamy cupcake frosting with anyone still looking for that dreamiest cupcake topping that I always found illusive, either it was not light enough, sometimes a little gritty or just lacking that special yummy something. Anyway, my lovely sister-in-law gave this recipe to me at the weekend. I used it for the first time yesterday to top 15 cupcakes. The the recipe she gave below is for 30 cupcakes so of course Ijust halved the recipe for everything.
I have to admit that it is the best topping I have ever made and will be using it every time from now on when I make vanilla cupcakes.

This recipe makes a generous topping for 30 cupcakes or a 9 inch cake. It takes about 10 minutes to make but I promise you, it is the most delicious, lightest, smoothest creamy topping you will ever make..

VANILLA CLOUD FROSTING

You will need four ingredients for this recipe for 30 cupcakes(or half the quantity for 15 cupcakes)

8 ounces of softened cream cheese
2 cups of Icing sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (or bean paste or vanilla seeds)
2 cups of double cream.

Beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar and vanilla

In a separate bowl, with clean beaters, whip the double cream until stiff.

Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Important that you fold this now in the following way to ensure it gives you the cloud like texture you are looking for - using a rubber/plastic spatula scrape it down the edge of the bowl, bring it across the bottom then pull it gently back over the top. Do this until there are no more streaks showing.

Please note that this gorgeous topping is an ultra soft frosting and is meant only to frost cupcakes or a cake. It is too delicate to pipe on flowers or intricate decorations.Its perfect though to put in a piping bag for a swirly cake topping.

Once you have frosted your cake(s), put into a airtight container and into the fridge.

Hope you enjoy, the family certainly have. Thanks again SIL.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top