Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 09:56 PM

Re: The tinsel dodgers thread

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Why put up decorations when you're going to have to take them down a couple of weeks later....and all that Christmas mess - trees shoved into the maws of wheelie bins before December is out.
Just to take the day to day blandness away, make a little colour to cheer the doldrums and feel like one is in the spirit of .... erm .... stuff
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 10:13 PM

Bah, humbug....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 11:58 PM

Bah bloody humbug! You miserable old gits, I shall be sitting down to a dinner cooked by myself with my wife, daughter her squeeze and three grandkids, it will be an occasion for laughter and happiness, playing games, watching her Maj do her thing on the telly, a bit of a family tradition, a time for counting blessings and not costs, a time for sharing that moment in time. A time to reflect on what has happened over the 12 months, in fact a very happy and wonderful time.
I sincerely hope that your holiday will bring you happiness, our Christmas will.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Bah bloody humbug! You miserable old gits, I shall be sitting down to a dinner cooked by myself with my wife, daughter her squeeze and three grandkids, it will be an occasion for laughter and happiness, playing games, watching her Maj do her thing on the telly, a bit of a family tradition, a time for counting blessings and not costs, a time for sharing that moment in time. A time to reflect on what has happened over the 12 months, in fact a very happy and wonderful time.
I sincerely hope that your holiday will bring you happiness, our Christmas will.

Aww, dear Rehab, you lovely old softie.

There's enough doom and gloom in the world today, so you enjoy your Christmas with your family and be happy.
Good on yer. x
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 01:06 AM

I have brought out two Christmas ornaments and will probaby put up some lights if I can find them .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 03:41 AM

Hi

It is 14 years since I had a family Christmas and 12 years since I had one of my kids here for Christmas.

When I was working I volunteered to work Christmas to let those with kids be at home with them.

It was good fun, a camaraderie amongst those working, loads of nibbles and jokes.

Why not celebrate it and have a good time?

Life is short, enjoy every minute whilst you can.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Why put up decorations when you're going to have to take them down a couple of weeks later....and all that Christmas mess - trees shoved into the maws of wheelie bins before December is out.
...Then there's all that eating business... Why bother eating when merely hours later you will be hungry again?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
...Then there's all that eating business... Why bother eating when merely hours later you will be hungry again?
That very much depends on one's capacity to eat and the quantity one consumes in the first place.

Xmas breakfast starts off with warm mince pies, coffee and Brandy!!!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That very much depends on one's capacity to eat and the quantity one consumes in the first place.

Xmas breakfast starts off with warm mince pies, coffee and Brandy!!!
No way could I eat that for breakfast. I'll probably have a solitary sugar free brekkie - tomato, cucumber, cottage cheese, couple of olives and a hard boiled egg.

After that, things get serious..........poached salmon for lunch - hopefully with my son who is getting the 9 am ferry....... Turkey will be early evening............... Quick breakfast on Boxing Day before waving goodbye for the 10 am ferry!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 09:22 AM

For those who enjoy Christmas, I am happy for you, but please try to understand that many of us don't enjoy it.
In the last 2 years I have abandoned, cards,decorations and even the traditional dinner.
I hate the money that is often wasted and think that, if you have the money to spare, why not use it to provide a little comfort to people living on the streets? For those who believe in God, wouldn't he prefer you to help somebody in need rather than party.... and for those who don't, consider yourselves lucky to get a few days off for something you feel is a pack of lies.
If I want to enjoy myself, I prefer to do it on a day of my choice, rather than when the Christian calendar says I must!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top