Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 08:36 AM

Re: Brexit 50p coin unveiled

Alistair Campbell Tony Blair’s former spin doctor, shared a similar message as he claimed he will ask till workers for change to make up the 50p should he receive one in the future.
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 09:05 AM

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "petty change"! Really petty,about not wanting to get a 50p in change,or not to have Big Ben chime when we leave the EU,or not wanting any celebrations when we finally get to leave the EU, by the democratic vote of the nation.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:40 AM

A new 50 pence coin is to be issued and the remoaners are up in arms against it

The Gov has done this for years.

Do remember having one showing the Pagoda at Kew Gardens but I spent it and was told later it worth over 1K

Have a few about the peter rabbit set but worth nothing I think

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:45 AM

This Friday I will be out to dinner with friends. Nice of the Gov to issue a coin for that.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:46 AM

Which ever way you voted there is no doubt the 31st is a major milestone in our history and it should be treated as such..... remoaners need to get over it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:55 AM

Will it actually happen, though? I won't believe it until it does!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
A new 50 pence coin is to be issued and the remoaners are up in arms against it

The Gov has done this for years.

Do remember having one showing the Pagoda at Kew Gardens but I spent it and was told later it worth over 1K

Have a few about the peter rabbit set but worth nothing I think

My daughter collected the Peter Rabbit set, she still has the full set.
I started collecting the Olympic one, but gave up & spent them in the end.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Which ever way you voted there is no doubt the 31st is a major milestone in our history and it should be treated as such..... remoaners need to get over it.
hear, hear.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If I come across one I will hang onto it as a souvenir and I'm sure most others will too for the novelty and maybe it will be worth something one day.

But the nonsense about remainers trying to make a political statement is just that - nonsense. They must have found some really unbalanced people to interview. It's just a coin for goodness sake.
It sounds a lot like liberté, egalité et fraternité, except the french said it already 240 years before you, and egalité will never be a goal for brits.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If I come across one I will hang onto it as a souvenir and I'm sure most others will too for the novelty and maybe it will be worth something one day.

But the nonsense about remainers trying to make a political statement is just that - nonsense. They must have found some really unbalanced people to interview. It's just a coin for goodness sake.
No, it's a political statement.

I still prefer my wording though!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top