Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:46 PM

Re: Norwich "Happy Brexit day" letter of hate

Just for the record, Norfolk is the best place to live.

I have to go into Norwich quite often though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
Just for the record, Norfolk is the best place to live.

I have to go into Norwich quite often though.
I agree biffo, the coastline is spectacular and Norwich is a beautiful City, although as a courier I've had the privilege of visiting most towns and cities in the UK, but I had never previously been to Norwich and my first visit was only last year as a tourist and I enjoyed it so much a return visit is imminent....
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 12:13 AM

Also, Norfolk is subject to the largest influx of migrant labour over the years. Only someone who lives there would fully understand the consequences of so many foreign workers descending on their towns and villages in such a small amount of time, in some cases outnumbering the indigenous population.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

As indicated in earlier posts, it possibly could be the case that the source of this poster is from a Remainer supporter. However, conversely, it may very well come from someone supporting Leave and perhaps if you lived in that area you may have cause to share the sentiments expressed .....

How many English speaking pupils would be in your child's school and how much of the educational budget is being spent on providing language support for those who do not or will not speak English? How much money is being spent on producing various leaflets in different languages? The list goes on.

Fortunately, in my area it is not a problem at the moment but we have to be aware that the problem exists in certain areas of Britain.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 12:37 AM

Why would a remain supporter cause so much thoughtless distress to an immigrant group? It goes totally against remain principles.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Why would a remain supporter cause so much thoughtless distress to an immigrant group? It goes totally against remain principles.
Are those the same principles that make them hurl abuse and accusations of racism at leave voters and make claims that leavers are ignorant and stupid for voting the way they did?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 03:48 AM

Hi

Incidents like this happen and most certainly they are not all down to disaffected Remain Supporters.

There is a large Polish population in both Shrewsbury and Wem, mainly, but not exclusively, working in Agriculture and associated Industries, like the Slaughterhouses and Meat Packers , dairies and Cheese Plants.

I can fully understand the issues when immigrants do not integrate.

This is not just an issue for EU Immigrants, I have worked in areas where the Muslims simply refuse to integrate and you feel like a stranger in your own Country.

Annie, I do not consider the Polish and other Immigrants to be be vulnerable.

Insulting my two lodgers because they are Polish would not be the best idea you have ever had.

The problem locally is with uneducated, bone idle locals who rely on the Benefits System.

Very low unemployment, constant advertising for working at the huge slaughter house and meat packers, but no local applicants.

Dirty, messy and 24/7 operation.

They simply refuse to work shifts, nights and weekends.

It is the same with the dairies.

Cows produce milk 7 days a week, they seem to think they are entitled to every weekend off.

Time to get our own slackers off Benefits and into work.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 08:23 AM

It's easy to be holier than thou in these situations....none of us know who posted this letter and what distress drove them to write it.

I agree it's not the right way to go about things but unless you live in highly populated immigrant areas you really have no experience on which to pass judgement.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 09:05 AM

..... unless you live in highly populated immigrant areas you really have no experience on which to pass judgement.

Well said, Summer.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The more you read it the more obvious it is that it was written by some pathetic Remainer student who can't accept the democratic decision.
That's how I saw it.

The words used make it look like a Remainer constructed document in my opinion.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
That's how I saw it.

The words used make it look like a Remainer constructed document in my opinion.
I don't know... there's something fishy about it. I definitely do not sympathise with those Brits living in highly populated immigrant areas. I choose to because they are nicer ... or shall we say more challenging and educational.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top