Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 05:43 PM

Re: Brexit Budget Failure

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Here's the share of contributions to the EU budget in 2018:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...contributions/
12 years have passed between my table and yours. And you managed to overtake italy by 0.12% in all that time? Marvelous achievement!

But you show the UK as third, whereas bread claimed the UK is second?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
12 years have passed between my table and yours. And you managed to overtake italy by 0.12% in all that time? Marvelous achievement!

But you show the UK as third, whereas bread claimed the UK is second?
We were...

Not any more though ...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We were...

Not any more though ...
You were only in your phantasy. Please spare us those and try to come with facts. You may even use google, but don't go solely on your opinions. It's so boring, boring, boring
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We were...

Not any more though ...
Incidentally, one report of possible increases in 'contributions' to make up the shortfall included figures which, to be honest, I did not find at all surprising.

I can't remember the exact percentage increases, but Germany would suffer the highest. The one I found suggestive of trickery, though, showed that France would have to pay an additional 1-2% compared to the Netherlands' 2-4%!

It makes me wonder exactly who is actually calling the shots in Brussels.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-02-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Incidentally, one report of possible increases in 'contributions' to make up the shortfall included figures which, to be honest, I did not find at all surprising.

I can't remember the exact percentage increases, but Germany would suffer the highest. The one I found suggestive of trickery, though, showed that France would have to pay an additional 1-2% compared to the Netherlands' 2-4%!

It makes me wonder exactly who is actually calling the shots in Brussels.
Oh, that's simpel. Agreements and facts are. The contribution is based on agreed percentages of gdp. The netherlands just did better than france, economically. The relative contribution is higher. But due to the economic prosperity, the increase is affordable.
Simpel answer to a simpel question. Do you understand it, I wonder?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Well, we did the same for 20 years to bring the new member UK (then the poor man of europe) up to modern standards. Why wouldn't we do the same for other countries?
So says the country that for years hid behind the skirt of the UK's Veto in order to benefit itself. Time to stand up for yourselves now. Good luck.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-02-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
So says the country that for years hid behind the skirt of the UK's Veto in order to benefit itself. Time to stand up for yourselves now. Good luck.
I think rutte did just that when he made his recent statements. You haven't read?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top