Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 08:56 PM

Re: 'iconic,' blue post-Brexit passports made in Poland by French-Dutch co

Originally Posted by d00d ->
and so are you scot37.
At least while Scotland is in the UK that is. Anything can happen in 6 years!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If this is the future then it will be us desperate for work, in boats heading for France and other European nations... what happened to the new era of British production?!
I see your still hanging on for dear life to project fear Annie.

Remainers are upset because they can no longer buy in cheap labour from the EU and pay the minimum wage to people to do work in gruelling conditions. Quite hypocritical don't you think ?

I thought the remainers were the ones championing workers rights and proper wages for people coming here ?

Doesn't seem like that to me, just more hypocritical crap from those that just want to pay workers as little as possible and treat them like sh1t.

Look at UK unemployment figures, Annie and look at unemployment in the EU. We were supposed to have 800,000 out of work if we just voted to leave never mind actually leaving and UK employment is up again in Q1 2020.

"British citizens going on boats to France looking for work", you say.... you not only don't accept that project fear has got nothing right yet, you still don't understand why we voted to leave.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:03 PM

I felt sad looking at these pictures .
Even though I voted out somehow it seems a step backwards .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I see your still hanging on for dear life to project fear Annie.

Remainers are upset because they can no longer buy in cheap labour from the EU and pay the minimum wage to people to do work in gruelling conditions. Quite hypocritical don't you think ?

I thought the remainers were the ones championing workers rights and proper wages for people coming here ?

Doesn't seem like that to me, just more hypocritical crap from those that just want to pay workers as little as possible and treat them like sh1t.

Look at UK unemployment figures, Annie and look at unemployment in the EU. We were supposed to have 800,000 out of work if we just voted to leave never mind actually leaving and UK employment is up again in Q1 2020.

"British citizens going on boats to France looking for work", you say.... you not only don't accept that project fear has got nothing right yet, you still don't understand why we voted to leave.
Bread this is the brave new world! Forget project fear this is "project fearless"! You're living in the past! In the future everything will be outsourced abroad. Because we are sending the workers back to the EU. You don't believe me? Well this is a perfect example. Why aren't we producing the blue passports? Answer that instead of digressing into your comfort zone!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I felt sad looking at these pictures .
Even though I voted out somehow it seems a step backwards .
I just can't believe it! Are we really reverting to a blue passport? I thought that was just another 2016 loony referendum wheeze.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-02-2020, 09:30 PM

Too right we are but the real joke is that in the EU we never had to change to burgundy. It was just a decision made by our Government. Croatia still has navy. the new ones won't be the old style cardboard but just a different colour. These things are important apparently in making us feel we have regained control even though we could have had navy all along....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:40 PM

Hi

The new passport could have been made in the UK, we choose to give the contract abroad.

It was exempt from Tendering abroad as it is a security issue.

Irrespective of that many of key components of it are from abroad.

The semiconductor is of German design and made in Taiwan.

The German company gets a licence fee for every chip.

The operating system is American, they get a licence fee for each passport.

The applet is French.

The antenna is Chinese.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-02-2020, 09:43 PM

So it's all about money?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Bread this is the brave new world! Forget project fear this is "project fearless"! You're living in the past! In the future everything will be outsourced abroad. Because we are sending the workers back to the EU. You don't believe me? Well this is a perfect example. Why aren't we producing the blue passports? Answer that instead of digressing into your comfort zone!

We aren't sending any workers back to the EU so far 99% of them have qualified for settled status.

We aren't producing blue passports because there are companies set up already that produce our passports, regardless of colour. They produce passports for loads of other countries too - brexit is not about closing the UK off to the rest of the world it's about globalization. The past is the protectionist fantasy of the EU that we just left. The ideology that you want to remain in.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-02-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We aren't sending any workers back to the EU so far 99% of them have qualified for settled status.

We aren't producing blue passports because there are companies set up already that produce our passports, regardless of colour. They produce passports for loads of other countries too - brexit is not about closing the UK off to the rest of the world it's about globalization. The past is the protectionist fantasy of the EU that we just left. The ideology that you want to remain in.
So basically it's not about taking back control at all. That was all a big con was it not? We had globalisation before and international manufacturing but voters here expected British manufacturing and British jobs. What a lark!

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top