Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 06:54 PM

My Furboy Kodi Poorly :-(

I had noticed that my dog Kodi was putting on weight and also drinking a lot. I decided to take him to the vets but the night before his appointment he was laid on the rug asleep on his side and I was horrified to see his belly looking misshaped, like there was a swelling. I was extremely worried thinking he had some tumour in there.

His appointment was on Tuesday and they ran some blood tests.

The vet told me in his mind Kodi has a heart problem as he thinks he is collecting fluid round his heart but would wait for the blood results.

The vet rang me this afternoon to tell me the news isn't good. The test showed something wrong with his heart and also his liver enzymes were raised.

A couple of weeks ago Kodi was on steroids for a skin irritation and the vet thinks him being on those steroids quite possibly are the reason his enzymes are raised so wants to run more blood work when the steroids are out of his system.

He is on frusemide to help get rid of excess fluid round his heart and also Vetmedin for his heart.

We are of course hoping and praying he is with us for a long time yet.

My Kodi is an adorable and funny little character who has brought much joy to our home and we love him so much it's heartbreaking to know that he may not have long left. Kodi is 12½ years old.

Hopefully he is going to be with us for a good while yet though.

Thank you for listening.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	kodihandshake.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	12216  
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 07:07 PM

Re: My Furboy Kodi Poorly :-(

Sending healing vibes to Kodi and big ((((hugs)))) to you LQ, wishing you and Kodi all the best..
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Sending healing vibes to Kodi and big ((((hugs)))) to you LQ, wishing you and Kodi all the best..
Thank you Barry, that means a lot
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 07:45 PM

Thoughts with you all at this worrying time.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 07:57 PM

What a lovely little chap ... hasn't he got 'knowing' wise little eyes. I wonder what he's thinking on that photo.

His Auntie Morty is sending him hugs and healing vibes. And a hug for you too LQ ... as you'll be worrying yourself.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 08:01 PM

I wish him well. Difficult for you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 08:03 PM

Has he been tested for Cushings ?
he has all the classic symptoms.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2020, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Has he been tested for Cushings ?
he has all the classic symptoms.
Not as far as I know, What's that?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2020, 08:55 PM

Oh my word Muddy, I've just looked it up, I think you might be right. He has had skin irritations and he has started urinating in the house sometimes, I just put it down to him being old and losing control of his bladder sometimes, not often but it has been happening. He definitely has thirst too.

Thank you for telling me, I'll mention it to vet. i'll keep you informed.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 08:57 PM

I just saw this LQ....Im so sorry.... what a gorgeous little chap I hope he is ok

Big hugs to you I know how upset and worried you must be x

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top