Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 08:29 AM

Re: The effects of Covid 19

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
My plan is to support the UK Economy.
UK Holidays and I will pay more for UK Goods.
Every other penny I have will be spent on the UK Economy.
Sooo, We'll be seeing yourself and your fishing rods up here in Caithness then.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hi

Yes, most definitely.

Not sure when, Guy had his operation cancelled so will have to wait for that and care for him for a month minimum.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
When all this is over my daughter and husband are talking about coming up your way Roxy and living remotely 'Off Grid'....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 11:38 PM

Hi

We are heading for the worst recession in 300 years.

Times are changing and we will all be affected.

This includes pensioners.

We have not paid for our Pensions,we are not like Norway which has a vast pot of money.

Pensions are paid out of tax on earnings and with a huge recession looming, the money will simply not be there.

Life will change and us oldies will not be immune.

We will be hit along with everyone else.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 11:43 PM

I do believe sadly , that trips abroad will be finished for the for seeable future.
I cannot see flying away will be feasible quite honestly ,which makes me pretty sad
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 07:26 AM

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 10:20 AM

Nice one Spitty, I love the Kinks and they are describing some of the people on here...........Including me....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-05-2020, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are heading for the worst recession in 300 years.

Times are changing and we will all be affected.

This includes pensioners.

We have not paid for our Pensions,we are not like Norway which has a vast pot of money.

Pensions are paid out of tax on earnings and with a huge recession looming, the money will simply not be there.

Life will change and us oldies will not be immune.

We will be hit along with everyone else.
Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I do believe sadly , that trips abroad will be finished for the for seeable future.
I cannot see flying away will be feasible quite honestly ,which makes me pretty sad
Oh dear!...

To be honest I'm loving the Lockdown and wish it would go on for longer...
I go out for my early morning run and there's hardly a vehicle on the road and the air is fresh and clean. Coming back down the lane the hedgerows are alive with avian activity, and as I get nearer to home, I meet some of my neighbours out for a walk and we have a nag....Observing the social distancing rule obviously. We all go to our gates and clap on a Thursday night and shout to each other; I have seen more of my neighbours in the last six weeks than I did in the last 47 years since we moved here.

I potter around the house doing odd jobs or catching up with books I've been meaning to read. Mrs Fox and me watch Bargain Hunt while eating our lunch together, I didn't recognise her at first. She goes on to watch some selling houses programme in Spain and I drift off to sleep until the final push when I take on the garden or a project in the workshop until it's time to prepare dinner.

People keep telling me it's going to get worse, but I take no notice and don't even watch the news, and I can't even remember the last time I filled the tank on my car with diesel. The only time it gets used is the couple of miles to the nearest Tesco. At this rate a tank of diesel will last me all year. It is what it is, and you have to adapt to the changes and make do with what you have got, and for me, life is much more relaxed......And cheaper!

My mobile phone has become redundant because I only call Mrs Fox and she is always within shouting distance, and I can call my friends and neighbours on the landline which is free; I need it for the broadband anyway, thanks BT....I understand all the soaps are running out of episodes; I only watch Coronation Street anyway and sometimes I wish we didn't have a telly. Just think of all the things you could do with the time, instead of watching what other people do with their time! Time to get the Scrabble board out...

No point worrying about money or flying to exotic places because the way things are going you'll be lucky to get ten pence for a pound when all this is over.......Bring it on!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 11:08 AM

Hear, hear Foxy but we have to be careful, we can't become the same as the none smokers who applaud every time there is a tax hike or new restrictive law, or, the none drinkers who do likewise. Never been an international traveller, so, wouldn't miss the fact that that sector is in turmoil, but, that is easy for me to say, but if i revelled in that fact, would fall into the same category as the puritanical none smokers/none drinkers (and the none cyclists for that matter), and that ain't gonna happen.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 07:04 PM

Britain was going down the crapper anyway so I'm not going to worry too much. I feel very sorry for anyone who loses their income because of all this but I can't feel sorry for the airlines that have treated us like crap for many years. I have no loyalty towards them at all. It is ironic that they might have to space their seats out more in order to survive but couldn't give a toss when people were dying of DVT.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top