Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 07:45 PM

Re: The effects of Covid 19

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Britain was going down the crapper anyway so I'm not going to worry too much. I feel very sorry for anyone who loses their income because of all this but I can't feel sorry for the airlines that have treated us like crap for many years. I have no loyalty towards them at all. It is ironic that they might have to space their seats out more in order to survive but couldn't give a toss when people were dying of DVT.
I agree completely.

As others have said, we shall not be going abroad for some time now which itself will save money. When the lockdown is over, we shall be going somewhere in this country for our holiday.

Marge has paid for an air ticket for a meeting somewhere abroad, but I'd be surprised if that isn't cancelled. I've mentioned to her that some airlines are trying to avoid refunds and are offering vouchers instead, but she should avoid that and insist on a refund. I, too, feel no loyalty to airlines.

Sadly, I agree too that this country is going down the crapper. I think we'll be OK, but I'm glad we don't have any children. Every cloud... etc.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Oh dear!...

To be honest I'm loving the Lockdown and wish it would go on for longer...
I go out for my early morning run and there's hardly a vehicle on the road and the air is fresh and clean. Coming back down the lane the hedgerows are alive with avian activity, and as I get nearer to home, I meet some of my neighbours out for a walk and we have a nag....Observing the social distancing rule obviously. We all go to our gates and clap on a Thursday night and shout to each other; I have seen more of my neighbours in the last six weeks than I did in the last 47 years since we moved here.

I potter around the house doing odd jobs or catching up with books I've been meaning to read. Mrs Fox and me watch Bargain Hunt while eating our lunch together, I didn't recognise her at first. She goes on to watch some selling houses programme in Spain and I drift off to sleep until the final push when I take on the garden or a project in the workshop until it's time to prepare dinner.

People keep telling me it's going to get worse, but I take no notice and don't even watch the news, and I can't even remember the last time I filled the tank on my car with diesel. The only time it gets used is the couple of miles to the nearest Tesco. At this rate a tank of diesel will last me all year. It is what it is, and you have to adapt to the changes and make do with what you have got, and for me, life is much more relaxed......And cheaper!

My mobile phone has become redundant because I only call Mrs Fox and she is always within shouting distance, and I can call my friends and neighbours on the landline which is free; I need it for the broadband anyway, thanks BT....I understand all the soaps are running out of episodes; I only watch Coronation Street anyway and sometimes I wish we didn't have a telly. Just think of all the things you could do with the time, instead of watching what other people do with their time! Time to get the Scrabble board out...

No point worrying about money or flying to exotic places because the way things are going you'll be lucky to get ten pence for a pound when all this is over.......Bring it on!

Can't stop chortling at your post Foxy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

Can't stop chortling at your post Foxy
Thanks Pesta........I think........
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 10:18 PM

When all is crap, the best thing is to Chortle.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When all is crap, the best thing is to Chortle.
Yep.....it is what it is Spitty, and nobody on here is going to make an apeth' of difference to the outcome....

Let's all 'Chortle'......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree completely.

As others have said, we shall not be going abroad for some time now which itself will save money. When the lockdown is over, we shall be going somewhere in this country for our holiday.

Marge has paid for an air ticket for a meeting somewhere abroad, but I'd be surprised if that isn't cancelled. I've mentioned to her that some airlines are trying to avoid refunds and are offering vouchers instead, but she should avoid that and insist on a refund. I, too, feel no loyalty to airlines.

Sadly, I agree too that this country is going down the crapper. I think we'll be OK, but I'm glad we don't have any children. Every cloud... etc.

I would hope that after all this, Britain emerges stronger but deep down I know we will still have the same old problems, overcrowding, no law and order and funding for pointless causes and of course, a massive debt to pay off. We will still send money to every other bugger while our own people live in poverty.

I am seriously thinking of moving abroad when this is over. I know there will still be similar problems but at least they will be in a different language.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I would hope that after all this, Britain emerges stronger but deep down I know we will still have the same old problems, overcrowding, no law and order and funding for pointless causes and of course, a massive debt to pay off. We will still send money to every other bugger while our own people live in poverty.
Our infamous self-elected Supreme Court seems happy to support our worst criminals:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...worse-NHS.html

We mustn't deport the poor misunderstood things, it seems. The fact that they come here to murder our people seems unimportant, but then our senior judges are nice and safe in their protected bubbles, so why should they care?

(If you have an ad blocker, like me, open link in incognito window.)
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Our infamous self-elected Supreme Court seems happy to support our worst criminals:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...worse-NHS.html

We mustn't deport the poor misunderstood things, it seems. The fact that they come here to murder our people seems unimportant, but then our senior judges are nice and safe in their protected bubbles, so why should they care?

(If you have an ad blocker, like me, open link in incognito window.)
In effect they are saying british prisons offer better living conditions than the "normal" existences in their countries of origin. If committing a crime in britain is a way of getting a better life than they had in their own country. Imagine that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-05-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In effect they are saying british prisons offer better living conditions than the "normal" existences in their countries of origin. If committing a crime in britain is a way of getting a better life than they had in their own country. Imagine that.
Sometimes you are such a wind up Solasch.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sometimes you are such a wind up Solasch.....
Sometimes?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top