Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 11:51 PM

Re: Freedom on Wednesday next (updated C19 rules)

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I'm not "relaxing" either .....
Nor me.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We won't be taking the risk just yet, I would sooner be safe than sorry.
Nor me.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Me too, Mags.
I intend to still be very careful indeed.

Boris is not giving sudden freedom either, although no doubt some idiots will abuse things and then achieve another lockdown for us all.

I don't think this thing is anywhere near done yet.
Even if we sit in the park, we still have to observe the 2 metre rule and he did keep emphasising to 'Stay Alert.'

Garden centres that open on Wednesday were saying they are worried how this can work. They are not at all sure how they can let people in and still keep the social distancing.

As I said, while there are still daily new cases and more deaths, this is not over yet by a long chalk.
I think it's too soon quite honestly to have unlimited outings. It's bound to make areas busier & then distancing will be very difficult. I'm sticking to what we've had for the last 7 weeks. I can cope.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
The police couldn't control the people who were abusing the rules so I guess Boris has given up.

Some people are so selfish, the rest of us will have to suffer.

I think it's too soon to relax the lockdown but what's the point when the people won't listen.

Social distancing isn't working because so many people just don't care about the next person.

I can't wait till I can go swimming again but I won't be going anytime soon (if they let pools open that is)

Personally I couldn't see the point of stopping people driving to quiet places to have their daily exercise, you are less likely to be near people in the countryside where there are wide open spaces.

Sitting in parks should be ok providing people social distance, I can't see a problem with that really.

Swimming should be OK, providing a person only swims underwater, and, pops a cork in their snorkel, just as a precaution.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 07:52 AM

I'm staying exactly as we are.

I feel sorry for people going back to work who work in close proximity with others. How can they be prevented from catching/spreading this virus?

Too soon. Too soon!!!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 08:42 AM

I think it's all about common sense , and being aware and cautious to keep each other safe. Those of us who have adhered to the government regulations these last weeks will continue to do so and those who gatherd together flouting the rules will continue to do so . In fact I dont think anyone in government or science knows what to do or how to cope with this virus , and I think its here for a long while which is changing how life once was .

All very worrying
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 08:44 AM

' Stay alert ' is very much open to interpretation.
Many people couldn't get their head's around the " stay at home' message.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Quote " From Wednesday, people in England will be able to spend more time outdoors "for leisure purposes"

They can "take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise" rather than only exercising once a day

People will also be free to sit in parks

People in England are free to drive somewhere to exercise

And they'll be able to "play sports" - although what types are not yet specified - with family members" unquote
Our youngest live's 200 mile away,awful long way for a set or two of tennis,oh! wait no mention of travelling to visit family,but I can go and see my boss.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
' Stay alert ' is very much open to interpretation.
Many people couldn't get their head's around the " stay at home' message.
Alert of what? What should we be looking out for?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:09 AM

No hairdressers till July at the earliest..

It will be funny seeing how folks cope with that.... get the kitchen scissors out

I think its too early to ease off so much I know we have to accept its health versus the economy it seems though that Scottish lives seem more important than English ones with the present advice.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Deep joy - does this mean the plague is going?
No. It means that the Sombrero has been flattened to the extent that the number of and rate of deaths can be managed. The area under the curve remains as was.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Deep joy - does this mean the plague is going?
No ... it means they have room for you in ICU

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top