Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 11:15 PM

Re: Covid advice.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What a brilliant post Barry; Funny how everybody turns into a virologist in times like these, especially when the've been trained as a journalist.

People should just 'Shut the chuff up and do as their told!'
Unless their name is dominic cummings of course. Simply of case of all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 06:59 AM

It's weird that other countries were given the same advice and their citizens just got on and followed it but here it seems it's too complicated for some...especially the press who seem intent on ruining the country.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Unless their name is dominic cummings of course. Simply of case of all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Rubbish...he followed the advice and did the best he could to safeguard his family .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Rubbish...he followed the advice and did the best he could to safeguard his family .
Which is exactly what we all are doing Summer.

I am sure we would all think minor adjustments to the rules are acceptable, if it makes sure those we care about are put at less risk.

The real problem is the journalists who are trying to find the best stories ( even if the are not completely true), because they have more chance of progressing their career
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 08:13 AM

Trial by media again Solasch....
Nobody would keep me away from my family if they needed help. In fact the next time I see my daughter I will give her a hug. Some things are just bigger and more important than a virus....

Good on you Dominic!.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 09:56 AM

Best advice for the Chinese Plague is don't get it!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Trial by media again Solasch....
Nobody would keep me away from my family if they needed help. In fact the next time I see my daughter I will give her a hug. Some things are just bigger and more important than a virus....

Good on you Dominic!.....
Believe me, I agree with DC, I would have gone to my father's estate too. It might have been a bit risky, driving 400 km when you think covid may strike at any time. It is not his 'fault' he is from a rich family, with an estate with plenty of living space.

But if you are found out by the media, be a man and take the consequences of your actions. Others were on trial by the media on covid and stepped down.

And on that point, none of you now defending DC was in uproar about Calderwood or Ferguson being tried by the media and stepping down. Is that because you like his role during brexit and are more lenient because of that?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 02:48 PM

Believe me, I agree with DC, I would have gone to my father's estate too. It might have been a bit risky, driving 400 km when you think covid may strike at any time. It is not his 'fault' he is from a rich family, with an estate with plenty of living space.

But if you are found out by the media, be a man and take the consequences of your actions. Others were on trial by the media on covid and stepped down.

And on that point, none of you now defending DC was in uproar about Calderwood or Ferguson being tried by the media and stepping down. Is that because you like his role during brexit and are more lenient because of that?
You may not be aware, but this thread is not connected to Brexit.
Whether you agreed with the Brexit decision , or not, Covid is a little more important, so it should not brought into this thread.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You may not be aware, but this thread is not connected to Brexit.
Whether you agreed with the Brexit decision , or not, Covid is a little more important, so it should not brought into this thread.
Although we are no longer a member of the horrible EU the remoaners continue to show pique and will do everything they can to poison the wlell. DC and BoJo will be subject to attack out of spite of nothing else but also from CS staff out of hatred and fear of what they are increasingly facing. For example Sedwill especially is living on borrowed time and he is FAR from alone. When cornered rats turn very nasty indeed. DC and BoJo would do well to remember it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 08:32 PM

For Annies benefit!
SELF Isolate, whats so difficult to understand luvvie??
Donkeyman! 😇😇

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top