Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 04:31 PM

Re: Boris Johnson to face grilling by senior MPs next week

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, You are a good friend of mine but l can’t say things to please you. I am entitled to an opinion and l would be false to state otherwise.

Hi

Art is Art, entitled to her views.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 08:02 PM

Who ever will be on the committee doing the grilling, I hope they go through the BBC's video archive since the start of the pandemic and pull up every speech he did where he tells the people of the country to stay home, do not leave your home, self isolate and he kept saying the same things over and over again. There are also speech's of him having a go at the public saying how irresponsible they are for leaving their place of residence and travelling to second homes (where these people obviously felt they would be more safe). The government released two official guidelines to the people of the UK on self isolation.

I just hope someone on that committee gets all that evidence, puts it in front of Boris's face and says 'now justify to the public why you kept telling them to stay home but allowed your senior adviser Dominic Cummings to do the complete opposite.'
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Who ever will be on the committee doing the grilling, I hope they go through the BBC's video archive since the start of the pandemic and pull up every speech he did where he tells the people of the country to stay home, do not leave your home, self isolate and he kept saying the same things over and over again. There are also speech's of him having a go at the public saying how irresponsible they are for leaving their place of residence and travelling to second homes (where these people obviously felt they would be more safe). The government released two official guidelines to the people of the UK on self isolation.

I just hope someone on that committee gets all that evidence, puts it in front of Boris's face and says 'now justify to the public why you kept telling them to stay home but allowed your senior adviser Dominic Cummings to do the complete opposite.'
Sounds like the lynch mob is allready forming?
Whatever happened to due process dodge??
All over no more than ignoring advice and using common sense?

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Sounds like the lynch mob is allready forming?
Whatever happened to due process dodge??
All over no more than ignoring advice and using common sense?

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
So you think it is OK for the countries leader to go on television and preach to the nation 'don't do it, don't do it', but go to his senior adviser and say 'ok, do it' ? Do you not think he should be answerable to that decision?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:47 PM

He has been named and shamed I doubt he would dare do it again...his colleague's will think twice too but there are more important things the government should be occupied with right now.

I wish they would all just get on with running the country instead of getting overly involved with this sort of political point scoring
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
He has been named and shamed I doubt he would dare do it again...his colleague's will think twice too but there are more important things the government should be occupied with right now.

I wish they would all just get on with running the country instead of getting overly involved with this sort of political point scoring
He has been named - and validated. Now let the draining of the civil service swamp recommence with a vengeance.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sorry but this is becoming a witch-hunt.
It will be interesting to see what the various Factions will do IF Boris throws a wobbly and announces that he will retire, pronto!

Can you see all the amazingly clever competitors that are around?

Who would run the Government?

I suspect that he has that card right there and ready to be played!

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:26 AM

Boris Johnson to face minimal questions on Cummings’ conduct

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mmings-conduct

A briefing note from the controversially appointed Conservative chair, Sir Bernard Jenkin, prepared for the senior MPs shows that at 4pm on Wednesday, 20 minutes have been allocated to discuss Cummings plus three other coronavirus topics.

There is also unhappiness that there is no opportunity for questions about China or any other aspect of national security or foreign affairs – and some members have complained Jenkin is “going soft” on the prime minister.
Not exactly a "grilling", is it .....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 07:01 AM

20 minutes too long in my opinion
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
So you think it is OK for the countries leader to go on television and preach to the nation 'don't do it, don't do it', but go to his senior adviser and say 'ok, do it' ? Do you not think he should be answerable to that decision?
In a word - no.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top