Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 04:27 PM

A Fraught 24 hours.

Hi

My son missed his plane yesterday due to a huge traffic jam on the way to the airport.

He got so stressed he had a small absence seizure as well.

A load of hassle and cost later he has just boarded In Taiwan and due home tomorrow now.

Thanks for all your good wishes.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 04:29 PM

Re: A Fraught 24 hours.

Oh dear I look forward to hearing he is safe and well and settled into your home soon swim
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 04:34 PM

Poor Guy - must be an anxious time for both of you, Swimmy. Hope all goes well tomorrow! Which airport will he arrive at?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 04:36 PM

Fingers crossed Guy's journey home will go smoothly now, Swimmy....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 04:37 PM

Hope he has better luck tomorrow, Swim.
Will you go and meet him? What time does he arrive?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Poor Guy - must be an anxious time for both of you, Swimmy. Hope all goes well tomorrow! Which airport will he arrive at?

Hi

I could certainly do with some sleep ST, was up all night on the internet and phone.

He is due to arrive at Manchester T1 at 10 tomorrow morning, the flight is normally around 30 minutes late.

I hope I do not get held up on the way there.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 06:34 PM

Oh dear Swimmy, hope your son gets home okay. I sincerely hope he isn't travelling by train though because as you know, as of tomorrow, they start a 27 day strike. (no trains at all barring one day - election day). Poor commuters and travellers. I'm counting my blessings I'm retired and no longer commuting.

All best wishes for a safe and uneventful journey home for your son.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Hi

I am tracking him, currently above Myanmar and about to enter Bangladesh airspace.

I will be collecting him.

Just arranged for carpet fitter to arrive at 7.30 tomorrow to give me time to get to Manchester.

I have cancelled Monday Clinic, I will survive.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 07:13 PM

Swimmy I hope the rest of Guy's journey is trouble-free, with his medical history it might be a good idea for him to take up relaxation techniques to help him cope with stressful situations.

It has certainly helped me cope with a medical condition
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-12-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Swimmy I hope the rest of Guy's journey is trouble-free, with his medical history it might be a good idea for him to take up relaxation techniques to help him cope with stressful situations.

It has certainly helped me cope with a medical condition
Hi

Thank you ever so much Meg, you really are a Star.

Guy's Epilepsy is caused by a Head injury, nothing we can do about it at all.

We are where we are, I will get him the best treatment here, but it really will be a miracle if he recovers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top