Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 05:42 PM

Re: Two billion people in the world are over 50..

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don’t have a daily routine .
I have a dog which I take for walks everyday .
He also does agility once a week which means I do a fair bit of running about too
When I am in Spain I go for long walks ( hikes ) twice a week and I ride horses at least twice a week doing classical riding ( dressage ) which is quiet exacting .
The horse I ride is no slug so I think I’m doing pretty well.

I try to do the 10,000 steps a day which IMO is pretty good .

I hate gyms with a passion they are so BORING !

If exercise was more interesting more people would do it .
... same here, swimming pools too. I used to swim daily in the sea when in Portugal, I miss that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 07:22 PM

It's only what I read. I didn't make it up...
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-pe...ion-is-over-50
As I was saying...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
As I was saying...
Sorry Floydy, I didn't mean that you made it up. These guys admit there could be a massive deviation.....But isn't this how the internet and especially the media throw a few statistics at you and all of a sudden it's the 'Holy Grail'.....

Roughly it looks like about 2 billion out of 7 billion are in that age group. So, 25% to 30% is probably about right.

It's difficult to get accurate numbers. Some parts of the world have little data, so best guess projections are used. If the error it +-2%, and the estimate is 2/7, then this is probably as good an answer as any.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry Floydy, I didn't mean that you made it up. These guys admit there could be a massive deviation.....But isn't this how the internet and especially the media throw a few statistics at you and all of a sudden it's the 'Holy Grail'.....

Roughly it looks like about 2 billion out of 7 billion are in that age group. So, 25% to 30% is probably about right.

It's difficult to get accurate numbers. Some parts of the world have little data, so best guess projections are used. If the error it +-2%, and the estimate is 2/7, then this is probably as good an answer as any.
I know mate, but some people really do get so serious about a thread which was only meant as an incidental chatting topic.
Maybe they'd be happier talking to their cats and chickens lol.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 08:44 PM

As I was saying...
I'm taking a week off.
Yes, you did say .....
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 06:25 AM

I'm a gardener and do a lot of weight lifting, getting my mower out/in of the car. Walking said mower up and down gardens. This time of year lots of stretching with my lawnrake to gather leaves, bending to pick up the leaves, etc. Quite a bit of exercise but not really what I'd put in an exercise thread.

Three years ago I drove a snowmobile 508 km from near the Norwegian Russian and Finnish border down into Finland then back into Norway(a different route) and visited the second most northerly point in Europe.

On my 70th birthday, in February, I should be out in the wilds about 200 miles above the Arctic circle.
I think I'm reasonably fit for my age.

Get well soon Floydy
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Have you realised that housework, gardening, ironing etc etc is all exercise and more rewarding, Floydy?
I agree Mags. The only reason people feel they need to exercise now, is because we have too many machines to do the jobs for us & some eat too much!
Sport is exercise but only those, who can do it well, want to play. When I was a first aide for a rugby team, I think I had as much exercise as the players

I think exercise is just another word for movement, and many of us don't need a plan to do the things that involve moving,they are just normal daily jobs!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I'm a gardener and do a lot of weight lifting, getting my mower out/in of the car. Walking said mower up and down gardens. This time of year lots of stretching with my lawnrake to gather leaves, bending to pick up the leaves, etc. Quite a bit of exercise but not really what I'd put in an exercise thread.

Three years ago I drove a snowmobile 508 km from near the Norwegian Russian and Finnish border down into Finland then back into Norway(a different route) and visited the second most northerly point in Europe.

On my 70th birthday, in February, I should be out in the wilds about 200 miles above the Arctic circle.
I think I'm reasonably fit for my age.

Get well soon Floydy
FGS look out for the polar bears.

warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 09:23 AM

They're much further north
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=Muddy;1825311]FGS look out for the polar bears.

Wow. The film ended right at the crucial part!

I wonder what happened? It was rocking the vehicle about and trying hard to get in, you could see the bloke's face change as he started to get worried . . . then suddenly no film!

Did the bear lose interest and wander off? Did one of the crew shoot the bear? I'd like to know what happened.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top