Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 07:22 PM

Re: The Covid Power Grab

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Are you in favour of more debt mutualisation ?
From a principal point of view, no. But, given the unprecedented circumstances of covid, and the need to make a rapid start-through of economy, it can have it's place in the set of tools to build a solid economy. After all, a strong common economy benefits all members.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 07:24 PM

Democratically decided was it should there be more debt mutualisation then ? Yes or No ?

Lies .....

And we have left .. thats the law you should check it out.

Scotland and Wales are part of a proper union - one with a centralised treasury unlike your fake one with nothing
Both have their own governments, england has his in westminster. The parliament of the union (cf europarliament) resides in...?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Both have their own governments, england has his in westminster. The parliament of the union (cf europarliament) resides in...?

You dont understand UK Parliament

Where is the commissions opposition again ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-08-2020, 09:03 PM

You dont understand UK Parliament

Where is the commissions opposition again ?
It's europarliament, you can compare with UK's parliament.

Where is england's parliament again?
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Very interesting read Bread. Thankyou.

It must be fact because I was also reading this morning that Euronews did a poll about 6 weeks ago with the citizens of France, Germany, Italy and Spain, asked "If there was a referendum about you being in the EU, what would your response be?

Italy Result - the majority voted NEGATIVE
France Result - the majority voted NEGATIVE
Spain Result - the majority voted POSITIVE
Germany Result - MIXED RESULT.
This poll was apparently taken weeks before the Covid-19 Fund debacle and the results of the poll brought absolute shock to the EU. Hence their desperation to get it sorted and quickly. No doubt they also thought that time was the perfect opportunity to use Covid as cover for further infestation of the 27 with their mutualisation statement.

I also read that there are sounds of discontent coming out from Ireland as well, with some politicians asking if it is worth the cost to them of being in the EU?

All the above and the EU desperates still march merrily onwards with their mutualisation plans, and obviously without a thought or care in how this will affect the 27.

It looks as though the wheels are coming off the bandwagon quicker than I thought.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/26/...h-and-italians
Thank you for the summary. Personally I am not surprised about the result. If we had a legally binding referendum about DEEXIT in Germany I would vote leave. For gods sake we dont have any because I think that such a decision ist way too complex to be made by average people.

But I like the idea of the EU and I would like to see some reforms which will (in my opinion) not be seen. Therefore DEEXIT and maybe FREXIE, NEEXIT, ITALEXIT and whatever could be the right impulse for the EU to reform and then reunite with DE, IT, NE.

I really like BREXIT because the UK has taken a difficult decision by average people. If anybody in this forum was willing to agree (which unfortunately is not the case when it comes to agreing on anything) then we could agree that we all have to wait for some time until we really see the outcome of BREXIT.

If everything that was promised and what is advertised here comes true (which I assume), then the UK can act as a perfect role model for other EU members to re-think their membership.

And we all know that the UKs future after 2020 will be more than bright. Ok, not all of us know that or at least not all of us agree on that, but personally I am very sure that the UK must be envied for having left, and having such a great future.

If that wasn't the case I am afraid I would not know because nobody would admit that. Don't get me wrong but this is what I learned from reading Brexit forums for some time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

10-08-2020, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Thank you for the summary. Personally I am not surprised about the result. If we had a legally binding referendum about DEEXIT in Germany I would vote leave. For gods sake we dont have any because I think that such a decision ist way too complex to be made by average people.

But I like the idea of the EU and I would like to see some reforms which will (in my opinion) not be seen. Therefore DEEXIT and maybe FREXIE, NEEXIT, ITALEXIT and whatever could be the right impulse for the EU to reform and then reunite with DE, IT, NE.

I really like BREXIT because the UK has taken a difficult decision by average people. If anybody in this forum was willing to agree (which unfortunately is not the case when it comes to agreing on anything) then we could agree that we all have to wait for some time until we really see the outcome of BREXIT.

If everything that was promised and what is advertised here comes true (which I assume), then the UK can act as a perfect role model for other EU members to re-think their membership.

And we all know that the UKs future after 2020 will be more than bright. Ok, not all of us know that or at least not all of us agree on that, but personally I am very sure that the UK must be envied for having left, and having such a great future.

If that wasn't the case I am afraid I would not know because nobody would admit that. Don't get me wrong but this is what I learned from reading Brexit forums for some time.
You cannot expect people in charge to change a system that put them in charge in the first place.
I saw that on this forum before the december elections. It was jbr who put up a fight for proportional representation because it seemed that was the way for farage to get into parliament. Ditch the first past the post he claimed. As soon as boris was winning, jbr changed his tune. It is the way things work.

The EU will not be reformed by the present leaders because they think that a good idea. They will only put through reforms if they feel that is the way to keep the organisation afloat.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 02:47 AM

It's europarliament, you can compare with UK's parliament.

Where is england's parliament again?

Er... no

Just proves you know nothing
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 08:54 AM

You cannot expect people in charge to change a system that put them in charge in the first place.
I saw that on this forum before the december elections. It was jbr who put up a fight for proportional representation because it seemed that was the way for farage to get into parliament. Ditch the first past the post he claimed. As soon as boris was winning, jbr changed his tune. It is the way things work.

The EU will not be reformed by the present leaders because they think that a good idea. They will only put through reforms if they feel that is the way to keep the organisation afloat.
This might be a little bit off-topic discussing EUs future as this is a BREXIT forum.
I think that we both agree that the pressure for reforms needs to be coming from a different force, other than the current leaders.

That is why I think {DE|IT|FR|...}XIT might be considered.

Only the reasons are different. There is no hatred as a motivation by the members as EU is a good idea and should be kapt alive (IMO). Other than in case of the UK where the hatred towards the EU was so immense. (<=is that a proper expression?)
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

10-08-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
This might be a little bit off-topic discussing EUs future as this is a BREXIT forum.
I think that we both agree that the pressure for reforms needs to be coming from a different force, other than the current leaders.

That is why I think {DE|IT|FR|...}XIT might be considered.

Only the reasons are different. There is no hatred as a motivation by the members as EU is a good idea and should be kapt alive (IMO). Other than in case of the UK where the hatred towards the EU was so immense. (<=is that a proper expression?)
Rabid would be more appropriate. You put the sentence in the past tense. There is a thread starting just today where patients from the asylum can rant amongst each other. Their hatred is almost palpable.
It's understandable of course. They see the power great britain once had shifting to the EU. There is always a lot of jealousy towards the successor, when you yourself slip into mediocrity and oblivion.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

10-08-2020, 01:41 PM

Er... no

Just proves you know nothing
You mean you have nothing for a real english parliament.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top