Join for free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Why the Mystery ?

I can fully understand why some people prefer user names and put very little in their profile but I can't understand why they don't put which country they're in and at least one or two interests so that other posters can tell whether or not a topic they raise will attract any interest, it seems very sinister to me if people are posting on forums and are so paranoid about revealing so little , I think if all folk on all forums put absolutely nothing in their profile ,there'd be no point, imo there's nothing worse than going to a member's profile and seeing absolutely nothing, why bother? It's not like anyone needs a photo or job description, we find out about people by the way they post after all but I think some nasty posters just hop from forum to forum and that's why they don't offer anything, cos they've got nothing to give, what do you think?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 02:58 PM

Re: Why the Mystery ?

Hi Maggie it is really up to each member what they choose to reveal . Some don't feel comfortable revealing too much about themselves or posting a lot of pictures. I don't find it sinister .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:02 PM

What do I think? I think it's unimportant whether or not posters fill in any information, or their real names. There's nothing sinister about it, and why would there be no point if nobody wrote anything? I don't get that at all. Surely it's the interesting, funny or informative posts people choose to read. If anyone really wanted for any reason to contact someone, they only have to click on their name and send a message.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:06 PM

I can tell how people are by what they post, I don't need go tooting at their profiles.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

03-03-2013, 03:10 PM

Why does it matter to others if a person chooses not to reveal anything about themselves? I think people are unwise to reveal too much. My family are not keen on me posting on forums and would be extremely annoyed with me if I posted given names, mine or that of family members, my exact location, and anything that was traceable to me.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:12 PM

Wow ! bit hostile folks, don't you think ? only asking for country not what you have for breakfast!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:14 PM

You have my name, and the town I live in, and I had a fry up this morning
maggis
Adelaide South Australia

03-03-2013, 03:15 PM

Read my post again, "i understand, okay" no private info was asked for, just being friendly in asking what country people are from, are you a clique here, is that it?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

03-03-2013, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
Wow ! bit hostile folks, don't you think ? only asking for country not what you have for breakfast!
Why should a person's country of origin matter to you? I haven't a clue where you come from, it is of no matter to me.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:27 PM

Maggis, I don't see hostility here, just a general puzzlement as to why someone's country or hobbies etc. should matter.

Yes, we're a clique, that's what it is. A secret society run by covert CIA agents disguised as nuns, holding a centuries-old coded Bible index ... no, hang on, that's another thread!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top