Join for free
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2013, 06:07 PM

Re: Why the Mystery ?

I also used to have a lot on my profile and photos too. I took everything down after I got a blasting from My Laird about it. I sometimes do post family pics but not often. Everyone here knows from my posts that I have my own home in Perth, but I spend most of my time at my Partner's Farm on the North Coast of Scotland, not far from Thurso, and that I originate from the Isle of Mull off the West Coast.
I also take breaks from the Forum sometimes for several weeks or more. I've learned to hold my tongue a lot more and quietly fume rather than have all out rows like I did with one Member who drove me nuts with their constant bitching at me. I just refuse to be drawn in now. I post what I think, and if I know nothing about a subject I stay away from the thread.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2013, 06:35 PM

Sometimes 'the Laird' makes sense - now dont he Roxy....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2013, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Sometimes 'the Laird' makes sense - now dont he Roxy....
He do He does Pats. He got his fingers burned by someone he thought was an online friend, and now he's very much against too much information. He's not a member of any chat Forums anymore, except some Farming one that he's been on for years.
I've met several Online Friends over the years, but always when I'm down in Perth and in a Coffee House or someplace like that. Besides.....who'd want to travel way up here?
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

21-04-2013, 11:45 PM

Hi Roxy - had a lovely weekend with friends on the Isle of Bute once - he was a retired gamekeeper from the big house! and she a cook - it was peaceful and crimeless up there. but I did find one internet cafe and the Isle did have their own messageboard.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

22-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Aye mindbender, the Hebridian Islands are a different culture from the mainland, but I love it. You were lucky to have found an Internet Café, they are few and far between and as for getting a signal on your mobile phone.....sheeeze. I have a lot of bother with that here too and G3 is a nightmare to get. We have one Café in Thurso called "The Y-Not" Bar and Grill, that has Wireless Internet for free, but it's touch and go if you can connect. Also a Motel called "The Weigh Inn" but only people staying there can use it.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 01:47 PM

We were brought up never to trust anyone until they proved that you could.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:11 PM

How bloomin true - wish I'd listened...

Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top