Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:30 PM

Re: Why the Mystery ?

I usually join forums with my real name but forget to update profiles etc, no mystery just a menopausal brain
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:30 PM

well, some folks obviously do 'cos there's been 97 hits on mine and that's okay ,I'm a genuine person and no way you can trace me from the info given, you just wanna come on a forum and post bulldust that's fine but i'm out to make online pals for a chat, a joke or a debate, why are you here 'cept to snipe at each other and put certain posters down for being honest about their feelings.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
well, some folks obviously do 'cos there's been 97 hits on mine and that's okay ,I'm a genuine person and no way you can trace me from the info given, you just wanna come on a forum and post bulldust that's fine but i'm out to make online pals for a chat, a joke or a debate, why are you here 'cept to snipe at each other and put certain posters down for being honest about their feelings.
...and some folks like me post a lot so I guess that evens things out a bit
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:45 PM

I haven't seen any sniping, just people answering your question.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:50 PM

Oops nothing sinister about me I can assure you!

I suppose I am guilty of not putting anything in the "About me" section of my Profile though

We are certainly not a clique here ..... how I hate that expression! We aren't split into groups here, all new members are accepted for who they are and when they settle and get used to the forum, they soon lose any 'new forum qualms' and mix like everyone else.

I joined this forum at the very beginning, member No. 2 and quickly filled in my profile to help the forum take off ..... fully intending to add to it later. I think all my relevant details are there anyway so just haven't bothered to update.

Regarding hits on your profile, that isn't necessary all from members on here Maggis, they could be from guests or even google bots.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:55 PM

Thanks Meg and Jimmy, no sniping? read back over the comments made about Willow! I don't know her from a bar of soap but there's certainly been sniping at her/ him. if I judged a poster by other members comments I wouldn't like her but I don't judge and she seems an extraordinarily honest person as far as I can tell, she just 'doesn't tow your line' no matter ,there are some really nice folk here and I'll come back to talk to them
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:56 PM

I think you will make a lot of online friends Maggis

That was sarcasm by the way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:06 PM

Thanks Meg and Jimmy, no sniping? read back over the comments made about Willow! I don't know her from a bar of soap but there's certainly been sniping at her/ him. if I judged a poster by other members comments I wouldn't like her but I don't judge and she seems an extraordinarily honest person as far as I can tell, she just 'doesn't tow your line' no matter ,there are some really nice folk here and I'll come back to talk to them
Hi Maggie if you think someone has made a reply which is personal and against our rules please use the report post feature and we will take a look

The Mods do remove offensive posts and post a note but they try not to be too heavy handed. After all we are mature adults here and some people have very forthright opinions which are not always to the taste of others and this can lead to a degree of animosity which carries through a number of threads.

I thought this thread was about people not giving details about themselves not about the attitudes of various members to each other.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:13 PM

Well I don't think I have said anything to upset anyone here since I recently joined but willow has not been the nicest person to me. So much so others defended me. That may have looked like sniping but I will defend them and say willow was not very nice first and to a resent newbie too.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia

03-03-2013, 04:16 PM

No animosity meant on my behalf Meg, I merely asked why folk don't put what country they live in and you'd think that I was asking for bank details, BTW, I have never been a member of saga, but I'm a member of Buzz and FPF , just saying! I have friends who post here and like to keep in touch so please, an end to it, sorry I asked!

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top