Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 04:00 AM

Bomb explosions at Boston Marathon kill 3

Latest reports says 141 are injured as well, many in critical condition. Two bombs went off near the finish line, about two hours after the first runners crossed the line and the race was still underway. One of those killed was an 8 year old child. It's being called a terrorist attack, though so far no individual or group has claimed responsibility.

Many Boston residents are opening their homes to runners and their families who may not have a place to stay. Some of the uninjured runners left the course to show up at hospitals and donate blood for the victims.

Security has been tightened in other cities as well.

A friend of mine works in Boston, setting up lighting, sound and video for events. Some of his fellow crew members were at the finish line, one of them working the Jumbotron. They are all safe and accounted for.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 07:21 AM

Re: Bomb explosions at Boston Marathon kill 3

Yes Annie it is an awful event and especially as the Marathon is done for charities. We all know someone who has done a Marathon to raise money. Soft target I think they call it putting the bomb in a crowd of innocent people. Hope they catch whoever has done it soon.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 09:10 AM

Terrible, but I see the London Marathon will be going ahead with added security, so the terrorists have not won. Just hope those poor people are not in pain for too long.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 09:21 AM

It was a terrible incident Sue and has been widely reported on here from the moment it happened last night our time.

I have my radio on all day everyday and the news is on about once an hour. I don't see the need to play and replay the actual moment the bombs went off in every news bulletin as is happening now . We all have the ability to imagine what it must have been like and for me doing this just gives an added moment of triumph to any would be terrorists or perpetrators.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 09:39 AM

It is shocking all those innocent people out there running for chariety and then this happens.
Security will be tightened up now for the London Marathon here on Sunday, i surpose for the funeral on wednesday as well.
Just another way for some people to destroy what is good in the world.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 09:46 AM

It was awful and such a cowardly thing to do.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It was a terrible incident Sue and has been widely reported on here from the moment it happened last night our time.

I have my radio on all day everyday and the news is on about once an hour. I don't see the need to play and replay the actual moment the bombs went off in every news bulletin as is happening now . We all have the ability to imagine what it must have been like and for me doing this just gives an added moment of triumph to any would be terrorists or perpetrators.
Bit in Bold: I stopped watching the news last night for that very reason, you could hear they were struggling to come up with commentary to accompany the same scenes. I hated the way the cameras were searching out signs of blood and injury - dont' they realise those are the scenes that will have the bombers clapping their hands for joy? I also didn't like the 'reassurances' that the A-grade runners had already crossed that point and it was 'just' the charity runners that took the blast.

I think a dignified coverage and reporting would be better - don't give the terrorists the coverage they need.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 10:56 AM

It is the way society is going, sicko's trying to change things into anarchy.
I hope they catch them and lock them away forever.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
It is the way society is going, sicko's trying to change things into anarchy.
I hope they catch them and lock them away forever.
This is probaly down to a tea bagger and a Obama hater its Patriot day and near the anniversay of Mcveigh.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

16-04-2013, 02:33 PM

A terrible event.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 03:20 PM

Very sad indeed.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top