Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 09:10 PM

Re: Bomb explosions at Boston Marathon kill 3

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
'The good outnumber you - and we always will'
Absolutely love the quote - gave my heart a lift - thanks Annie
I rather like it too Pats. It seems to be making the rounds.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 03:28 AM

Earlier this evening I watched live video of Boston residents cheering and applauding as the second suspect in the Boston marathon bombings was captured alive and taken away in an ambulance. The first suspect died in a shootout with police last night. The entire city has been in lock-down during the manhunt. Condolences to the families of those who died, and best wishes for speedy recovery to those injured and traumatized. Sleep well Boston.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 07:30 AM

As of yet, no one seems to have a clue what the motive for the bombings was, apparently they were not U S born and bred, so the chances of them being major disgruntled would appear minimal.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-04-2013, 08:58 AM

I am of the opinion a shoot out like at the O.K. Corral was not the way to handle things. I think our British police would have handled it better. They only shoot when they absolutely have to and there is no other way to capture the suspect. They are then subject to an enquiry to see if it was handled properly.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I am of the opinion a shoot out like at the O.K. Corral was not the way to handle things. I think our British police would have handled it better. They only shoot when they absolutely have to and there is no other way to capture the suspect. They are then subject to an enquiry to see if it was handled properly.
Not when they were loaded with bombs etc.
Well done to the American FBI.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-04-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Not when they were loaded with bombs etc.
Well done to the American FBI.
Not well done at all, with the American everything is OTT. I am so grateful I like in the UK, were responses are much more measured.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 11:50 AM

Don't you believe it Willow. I don't know why you think it was OTT and not a measured/calculated and well practiced response
When threatened with terrorists and wanton, indiscriminate bombing and killing of innocent people by people so dangerous and far beyond reason as to be unreachable, then I think our own police and defence forces are every bit as well prepared and willing to act in a similar way to the USA. They are as capable as those in the USA of doing what is necessary in situations like this, even if it means the destruction of the threat. They will not hang about either asking questions and they were right to act like they did and also in shutting down the city.
What other solution would you suggest - invite these people out for tea and a chat.
Bear in mind also that one of the two was taken alive, so not exactly an OK corral shoot-out situation.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

20-04-2013, 01:15 PM

"OK Corral"?! The US is hardly a nation of cowboys!

Following the bomb blasts that killed 3 and injured 170+ (many of whom lost limbs blown to bits by shrapnel), these two violent men were tracked and engaged by highly trained officers who withheld gunfire, despite being fired at (over 200 rounds), as they moved in to attempt live capture (you can not interrogate the dead) of the suspects and prevent injury or death to terrified Boston residents living on that street.

From a news story this morning:

The suspects killed a police officer (shot multiple times in his cruiser) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. They then shot and critically injured a transit police officer, carjacked an SUV, sparked a frenetic police chase that led to Watertown, tossed explosive devices likened to grenades from the car and exchanged gunfire (yes, at this point the police fired back in attempting to stop the vehicle)...

In the melee, Tamerlan (the older brother) was shot and Dzhokhar (younger brother), ran over him with an SUV in his desperate bid to flee.

In addition: Police spent several hours Friday rendering exploded and unexploded devices safe. (in the house and area)
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 01:28 PM

At least the little wretch has been caught now and people can leave their homes again. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during the interviews with him though. I can't fathom the reasoning behind the attack at all.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 01:29 PM

What an absolute - devastating mess for all concerned. These people were taken in by America - lived there 10 years and this is the result... Sickening situation...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top