Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 11:20 AM

Re: Money for nothing!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sounds good but again I can't see the official bodies running it sucessfully they can usually take a simple idea and complicate it so much it doesn't resemble the idea once it is in practice.
Ah yes we are talking in a paralel world to the one run by this goverment.
If only they would let me run the country
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Also central government and even our local councils have a proven record of incompetance running employment schemes.

What we really need is private companies to feel they can expand or start up to employ more people.
You cannot be serious! I have worked in both private and public sector and, despite the bureacracy and ridiculous rules imposed upon the public sector by government, the public sector makes the private sector look like paragons of virtue - remember Group 4 Security - a private company so inefficient and incompetent that they had to change its name to G4S..... and we all know how competent they were during the Olympics!!!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
You cannot be serious! I have worked in both private and public sector and, despite the bureacracy and ridiculous rules imposed upon the public sector by government, the public sector makes the private sector look like paragons of virtue - remember Group 4 Security - a private company so inefficient and incompetent that they had to change its name to G4S..... and we all know how competent they were during the Olympics!!!!!
You can't pick just one private company and say that's what they are all like.

And I have worked as a cleaner in private firms and the public sector, I know where I work hardest and in a most efficient manner and it isn't in the public sector where we were over staffed and over paid for the actual work we achieved.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 12:28 PM

This subject of debate is usually self contradicting Imo, on the one hand folks want a healthy economy, where there is disposable income to spend on goods and services provided by start up businesses, on the other hand they want the wages of those who do a similar job to themselves reduced to the level of theirs, and non productive workers to work for nowt, hence no disposable income, it is indeed a paradox.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 01:03 PM

Worse thing ever happened is people being told what others earn. I was happy with my wages until I realised just how much my boss earned. And became even less happy when I realised what banker/MPs/footballer etc earned.
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 01:37 PM

I wonder how the genuine person who wants a meaningful job and can't get one feels . It has to be depressing to be in that position. I can remember at 18yrs old changing my job 3 times in one year just to get more wages to buy a motorbike I yearned for .It seemed so easy then and how lucky I was to be able to do that. Admitted there is an institution out there that don't want to work it could even be genetic now to be idle yet get fed. I'm glad I enjoyed my work and reaped the wages for my toys in life . I hope it gets better because its the youth of today that will pay for our youth of tomorrow
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 01:43 PM

You're so right Frank - we were lucky. Its such a mess today that has gone on too long. I feel so much for those that want to work, so depressing for them...
As for the 'others' again sad, they would soon enjoy work and the rewards - if only they had the 'get up and go'... Must be hard to be motivated in the 'climate' we are in these days...
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 01:53 PM

I think then it was the case we had to have a job, it was a part of life The dole was called the employment office and you went there got the card of the board and they phoned there and then to arrange the interview. Now its a place to sign on and claim your benefit. No one has pride now How many people do we see drinking at 9 o clock am with no sign of any embarrassment. Saying that, they seem a lot better of than I and I worked 50+ yrs, I do find it annoying. Sipping a small whisky I think I earned it. lol
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 02:10 PM

Pokertom I also use to flit between different jobs saving up to travel then come back with the full knowledge Id pick up another job .... I have never been unemployed when I wanted a job. I dont think I will find it so easy nowaday.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 02:19 PM

Hi Frank - who would want to be drinking at 9am - thats sad in itself...
God - its such a 'sad' day today....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top