Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 01:27 PM

Another Starbucks!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ation-tax.html

Just been sent this and it was very concerning.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 02:14 PM

Re: Another Starbucks!!!!!!!!!

My initial thought was imagine what our bills would be if they did pay tax probably not the right thing to think but that was what hit me first.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 02:57 PM

I think I'll stop paying my income tax, everyone else is at it. Come to think of it, they take my tax off before I even see my money !!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 03:33 PM

Ah - another thumbs down to privatisation....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 04:11 PM

What is it all about? It truly makes me sick it would appear that the only people who should be allowed to vote are the tax payers and people like me who paid tax for fifty years before retiring.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 08:49 AM

Now we've had this startling revelation, how about we tax them (retrospectively) £1.50 in the £1.00 for the last SIX YEARS!!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

19-04-2013, 09:45 AM

Good idea if only it were up to us, The People that are being robbed and then robbed again. Who else is going to crawl out of the woodwork that we can prove is not paying their way?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Good idea if only it were up to us, The People that are being robbed and then robbed again. Who else is going to crawl out of the woodwork that we can prove is not paying their way?
Another way of doing it, is to reverse Cameron's tax cut for the 'rich' and increase top-rate Income Tax to 75p in the £1.00 and then watch them all squeal!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:37 AM

The way to do it is to stop reinvestment being used as a tool for tax avoidance. Companies will still reinvest but they will reinvest their own money instead of the country's - they're not going to see their cash cow collapse. I agree with Alan - they should be taxed at source but no government will tackle this problem. It's what happens when ALL politicians get into bed with big business.

Maybe the UK population should have their own wildcat strikes and not use any power of any description that comes from these companies for several days - hit them in the pocket where it hurts the most. While you put up with it, it will continue.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

19-04-2013, 12:39 PM

They would still get their daily standing charge because they are greedy. However, I do so love the idea of us all wildcat striking just give me a time and place and I would be with you. I would so love to see the general public joining up against corrupt business, government and banks.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top