Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 11:20 PM

Breaking Ranks

Do you ever look at the list of folks who are on line, and wonder if any of the names are going to post something radical. Just a thought.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2013, 07:06 AM

Re: Breaking Ranks

I just look and hope some one will post some thing......;0)
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2013, 07:15 AM

No, I just glance every day and wish some of the old Saga posters who caused controversy, dispute and downright fireworks would come over to this forum.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I just look and hope some one will post some thing......;0)
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
No, I just glance every day and wish some of the old Saga posters who caused controversy, dispute and downright fireworks would come over to this forum.
You could always take the lead eccles
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2013, 08:42 AM

No I post on another forum for controversy it's quite nice here where sanity seems to prevail.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2013, 09:18 AM

I never notice - I need to go to SpecSavers
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Some days I also think it can be a bit too quiet on here, but many posters have been around quite a whle and are reasonably familiar with each other's views. I am totally unfamiliar with the Saga forum, but I think some Saga posters did join Over50's when it closed, but I have no idea who they may be or if they even still post on here. I also heard rumours as to why Saga was closed down - you probably know much more than I do Eccles.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 07:13 AM

There was one elderly chap on Saga who was barking mad, used to post long one line enigmatic posts all ending with some cryptic remark like "only I know the truth". It used to drive everyone nuts as he never revealed what this "truth" was but he seemed so angry about the world and all the other posters ... it certainly brightened my day. My understanding is that it was closed down for this very reason - some posters "upset" others, who complained. You'd think grown ups could cope with someone miles across the country tapping on their keyboards wouldn't you?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 07:38 AM

Yes, I learned in the workplace that some folks seemed raving bonkers, and the crowd applauded when they left or retired, I used to feel some sort of loss, knowing it was going to be quiet around there from then on, I still wonder what happened to Captain Birdseye who worked in the security hut.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top