Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

27-04-2013, 04:26 AM

I was just thinkin ladies....................

I've been puzzled by this for ages - well all my adult life really. When young women and sometimes older women dress in scantily clad clothing, mini skirt variety - see through tops - plunging necklines and the new fashion here of wearing something that looks liked an undergarment in silk or lace as a main over garment is it:

a.the just like doing it
b.they are following trends usually created by men
c.it is a game of competition amongst themselves
d.doing it to attract either the opposite sex or same sex
e. b&d
f. All of the above!
g.none of the above!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 06:42 AM

Re: I was just thinkin ladies....................

I'd guess all of the above. I've never had the desire or the figure to dress 'scantily'. The nearest I came to it was a few years of the mini skirt when I was in my 20s and had reasonably good legs.

What I also find interesting are the women, young and older, who dress scantily when it really doesn't suit them and they end up looking silly and/or tarty instead of attractive.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying they shouldn't do it if they feel like it and everyone has a right to wear what they like - it just seems to me some people have a very different view of what makes them look attractive and obviously don't see in the mirror how others see them.

My OH always says, and I've heard many other men say, that they often find an attractively covered body more appealing than a blatantly exposed one.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 08:36 AM

I loved the Mary Quant fashion of the 60s, wore the mini skirts and then the midi skirts and the shorts. The fashion suited me. Never have I worn a swimsuit or bikini - to me its like parading about in yer underwear, not Pats style...
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 09:17 AM

As a younger woman I would of demanded it was my right to dress as I like ... not that I ever really dressed to tarty as I have always been a tomboy/hippie. but I did have a few phases. Now yes I'll admit the truth... yes it was to pick up men .... not that you would get many woman to admit that.
Nothing worse than woman over 30 dressing like teenagers, I hate seeing pluckered legs in short skirts and saggy tits in see through tops .... Yuk
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 09:49 AM

Dont get, women dressing that way to attract men ! What sort are they gonna attract ! Nothing better than a woman with a loverly dress, shoes etc, Audrey Hepburn style - Doris Day, who I always wanted to emulate for 'style'....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 10:13 AM

Thats the trouble Pats they want to attact the bad boys to have a wild time .... or at least a few free drinks. Either young and silly or old and desperate ... Many woman with emotional probs feel the need to attact by body instead of building a relationship on mutal respect as they feel they have nothing to give ... and there is plenty of men willing to prey on them

Ps What is e, b&d ? is it a kinky sex game ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2013, 10:27 AM

Spot on Bags
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 10:28 AM

All of your points, I think Mindbender, except possibly b) - and I would never let a man tell me what to wear (unless I liked the style of a man who designed the clothes. Generally, I have always dressed to please myself. I don't know what e) means either - tell us what is b & d is and then we'll let you know.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 12:31 PM

My boss wears very low tops, short mini skirts, frilly shirts, big OTT jewellery, and stockings with a seam up the back, with 3 or 4 inch heeled shoes. She is nearly 70 and looks it, sadly she thinks she looks good and is attracting the men, but everyone is laughing at her really.

I think she has always dressed this way but why when she is married does she need to attract men anyway always puzzles me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2013, 12:45 PM

Urk What a sight she must be
Seen some older gals that look fantastic.....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top