Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 06:51 AM

Re: I was just thinkin ladies....................

Young girls are like sheep, they wear anything everyone else is wearing - or worse, anything "celebs" wear and that includes hideous tattoos, tight leggings etc. They have no individuality and no minds of their own - and apparently no mirrors at home except the trick ones that fairgrounds use to fool your body. God knows who they're attempting to impress - blind men maybe?

Older women I think generally don't dress to please their men, otherwise they would be wearing peep-hole bras and plunging necklines. Most of them I see in our town centre look fairly drab with mismatched clothes and the dreaded trousers. What happened to skirts and dresses?

Before I'm jumped on, there are of course exceptions to these stereotypes but I have to say I look twice at women - or men, for that matter - who I see who do look smart with colour matched clothes and well fitting outfits. Style seems a thing of the past now stores such as Primark and Peacocks sell throwaway sweat shop rags.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
most of you didn't even answer the question - but typical of women - always evading the direct questions that men put to them.
I did but you ignored it and honed in on the last point instead.

It is no doubt 'all of the above' - different women do it for different reasons. I have a very dear friend who I would dearly like to tell, but couldn't, that she looks ridiculous. At approaching 70 she is still wearing tiny skirts, high heels, too much jewellery, tight tops with a cut that shows a mass of bosom wrinkles but it's how she dressed as a young woman and seems to think it keeps her looking young. She is very happily partnered and not on the look-out but simply has a wrong idea of what suits her.

No doubt lots of women do do it to attract men and some women do it to compete with other women - both younger women who travel in hunting packs and older women who think it's "fashionable" and makes other women envious. Horses for courses as usual with humans.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Young girls are like sheep, they wear anything everyone else is wearing - or worse, anything "celebs" wear and that includes hideous tattoos, tight leggings etc. They have no individuality and no minds of their own - and apparently no mirrors at home except the trick ones that fairgrounds use to fool your body. God knows who they're attempting to impress - blind men maybe?

Older women I think generally don't dress to please their men, otherwise they would be wearing peep-hole bras and plunging necklines. Most of them I see in our town centre look fairly drab with mismatched clothes and the dreaded trousers. What happened to skirts and dresses?

Before I'm jumped on, there are of course exceptions to these stereotypes but I have to say I look twice at women - or men, for that matter - who I see who do look smart with colour matched clothes and well fitting outfits. Style seems a thing of the past now stores such as Primark and Peacocks sell throwaway sweat shop rags.
Think all the skirts and dresses are in my wardrobe I only own one pair of trousers I wear on worst days of the winter for walking the dogs. Other than that I am a floaty material, long dresses and skirts gal. Bit hippyish I guess.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 09:24 AM

I've always worn what I feel like wearing and, after the age of about 20, avoided fashion just to be awkward. I have worn skirts above my knee for as long as I can remember but after the age of 40, I wear ribbed tights instead of sheer ones. Don't, and never have, worn plunging necklines - I've never felt that desperate. I do have a couple of sheer blouses but I wear a vest-top (spaghetti straps) underneath so am compeltely decent. Getting older doesn't mean getting fuddy duddy - it just means dressing more appropriately.

Attracting men came into the equation when I was younger - now, I go out of my way not to attract them; especially those attracted to slutty dressing!
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

28-04-2013, 10:47 AM

yes - best answer yet!! this was meant for Annie Jacks reply not as above - got slotted in the wrong place! - sorry Aj
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 01:32 PM

Eccles and Karen - fab posts, saved me saying the same !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 01:35 PM

Its a shame when I see older women give up on themselves... just a little effort makes you feel better and certainly look better....
Dont let yourselves go gals, always look pretty and you're less inclined to feel down....
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 03:14 PM

I read the first post of this thread and it made me think of my school days, in particular the R.E. teacher we had in my final year at Grammar School back in '64/65. He was also a Lay Preacher which may have accounted for his advice, but recall him saying that what we young girls wore was a bit like a shop window, in that we 'displayed/revealed' what was 'on offer', the more we revealed the more we were putting on offer. An idea today's girls should maybe consider, and I know that today's thinking says a female should be able to wear what she likes without fear of attack etc, but surely there is still room for some personal culpability? They go out in mixed groups, with the express intention of getting as drunk as possible as quickly as possible. As excess alcohol virtually separates the modern brain from the primitive brain thus allowing for a total lack of inhibitions, then it is no surprise when young men, confronted by young women flashing their 'bits' consider it an invitation.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-04-2013, 03:32 PM

Excellent post Des....

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top