Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

28-04-2013, 04:17 PM

Re: British Culture?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If you can't see it then no helping you LOL

I think we have a lot of uniquenesses about us as a nation we English are even different to the Welsh and Scottish who we are joined with in the UK. All different and all wonderful.
actually I think YOU are incapable of identify it! - but that's OK it explains the British dilemma
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
actually I think YOU are incapable of identify it! - but that's OK it explains the British dilemma
Well just because I can't explain it doesn't mean it isn't there. Lack of education on my part possibly.

I live a very traditionally English life style, it differs greatly from other nationalities I find.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:22 PM

I think we have a lot of uniquenesses about us as a nation we English are even different to the Welsh and Scottish who we are joined with in the UK. All different and all wonderful.
Exactly - an English person will know those differences as will the Scots, Welsh and Irish yet oddly enough, they never get told the same
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:33 PM

We had Morris dancers at the local pub last Sunday.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I really don't think we should overstate the Morris Dancers ....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:43 PM

Lucky ! We travelled the land a few years ago and found they were a rare sight almost an endangered species !
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:56 PM

This is an annual event in Broadstairs Kent. The town is taken over, free folk music in the pubs(plastic glasses because people walk from pub to pub)

http://www.broadstairsfolkweek.org.uk/

Many different Morris dancing troupes perform in the streets

added
Following that is the Charles Dickens festival, I have not been there for that so don't know what it's like.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I really don't think we should overstate the Morris Dancers ....
Oh Gawd Karen - that really tickled Pats
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-04-2013, 06:52 PM

This is an annual event in Broadstairs Kent. The town is taken over, free folk music in the pubs(plastic glasses because people walk from pub to pub)

http://www.broadstairsfolkweek.org.uk/

Many different Morris dancing troupes perform in the streets

added
Following that is the Charles Dickens festival, I have not been there for that so don't know what it's like.
That looks great may try and get there if it coincides with one of my husbands week ends off.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 07:00 PM

We are unique, so unique that our culture changes from area to area.
When I first came to Yorkshire 24 years ago, it was totally different to the Midlands, but mainly the language.
The language is the same, but they have their way of speaking from village to village, it took me ages to completely understand my son in law.
Move three miles and they talk different again, but thankfully everybody seems to put pen to paper the same.
E.g I'll side my shopping, pull ons, and calling.
Imagine being a foreigner and touring the UK. Must be very difficult.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top