Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 10:21 PM

Re: British Culture?

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
how preposterous - but as good researchers [and i assume you are spittie] we must establish whether the link you are suggesting in a non-contentious way of course is causal or non-causal. So before we can proceed with this discussion and allow me to demolish your spurious claims I would ask you to name your weapons - causal or non-causal? - over to you rear gunner!
My weapons, I'll have you know, I am a lover, not a fighter, but if you want heritage, you may end up on the receiving end of a blast from my Sackbut!.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

29-04-2013, 10:33 PM

causal or non-causal stop tarrying around your but!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 10:36 PM

Non causal of course.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-04-2013, 10:41 PM

Listen, if I had half a brain, I would not be tarrying my butt around here.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

29-04-2013, 11:17 PM

what were we discussing now - must go back a few threads! - keep ya butt steady till I get back
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think we still have our culture, perhaps Morris dancing is more for tourism etc these days but essentially we are as we always were.
We had Morris men at my sons wedding reception it was held in a medieval Tithe Barn decorated with wild flowers and was like something out of a Thomas Hardy novel ..

Here is the bride dancing with the Morris men ...

...We also had a Silver Band in the afternoon in remembrance of my father and a Caleigh band in the evening.
There is 'culture' if you get out into the countryside and know where to look...
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 11:58 PM

How many steam rallies do we have? They usually have old cars, motor bikes,tractors, lorries and craft tents.
I have seen folks carving owls out of tree trunks with a chain saw, lace making, charcoal making and even watched them harvest,plough and sow a field with steam engines
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2013, 08:03 AM

Our gardens with roses, honeysuckle and lavender, cups of tea and scones, sweets, chocolate and toffee, our music especially the Beatles, Rolling Stones, opera, artists like Turner.

Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2013, 08:40 AM

A lot of our culture does indeed date back to medieval times, and further, in fact back to the Druids.
The Druids still exist today, they really have never died.
Over the years we have points in history, that have changed our culture, or should I say added to it, like bonfire night,and off course wartime dates, like end of war etc. and it will continue to do so.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top