Join for free
Page 3 of 53 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 02:17 PM

Re: Maddy McCann

What do I really think, that is the question?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have seen many stories in the news of negligent parents over the years and can't remember any being so cruelly and maliciously vilified for so long in the press as the Mc Canns have been.
I guess social media is responsible for a lot of the nasty gossip.
I think there are several reasons why the McCann's have not endeared themselves to the public. Obviously their irresponsible behaviour in leaving their children alone and unsupervised is the main one, but the inconsistencies in their stories and the suspicious behaviours they exhibited, and their apparently arrogant attitude have not helped one bit. Despite their devastating loss, I for one, find it almost impossible to warm to them or empathise with them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think there are several reasons why the McCann's have not endeared themselves to the public. Obviously their irresponsible behaviour in leaving their children alone and unsupervised is the main one, but the inconsistencies in their stories and the suspicious behaviours they exhibited, and their apparently arrogant attitude have not helped one bit. Despite their devastating loss, I for one, find it almost impossible to warm to them or empathise with them.
Mick I don't think I would be very endearing if I had lost a child and had to cope with the malicious gossips.

'Inconsistencies' and 'suspicions behaviours ' are in the eye of the beholder and of course the media and for me not a reason to lack empathy for someone.

The retired public school teacher Christopher Jefferies wrongly implicated and tried by the press for the murder of Joanna Yeates was said to have behaved suspiciously and been arrogant. Gossips can be very cruel and ruin lives.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

The retired public school teacher Christopher Jefferies wrongly implicated and tried by the press for the murder of Joanna Yeates was said to have behaved suspiciously and been arrogant. Gossips can be very cruel and ruin lives.
I think the difference is that Christopher Jefferies was an obvious victim of the media, whereas the McCann's have, since the very beginning sought to use and control the media.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:00 AM

Big news in the DT, today, with pretty convincing suggestions about a pedo, currently in prison , and various info about contacts (by phone) in and around the time of this tragic story.

Looks like it's breaking on the Radio news as well.

I get the feeling that the real story is now becoming known.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:09 AM

I do hope they find her .
The outcome will probably be the worse but it will give the poor parents some sort of closure in as much as there is never closure on the loss of a child .
Please no unkind comments .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:09 AM

Yes I hope the German police are correct looking at the story today it looks like they might be and this terrible nightmare the McCanns have endured might end.

If it is true...what a shameful bunch the Spanish police are !
They were more interested in blaming the parents and protecting their tourism than looking for the truth.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I don’t think they displayed any inconsistencies or suspicious behaviour at all . They behaved in the stunned grief stricken way anyone who has lost a child does Stupidly blindly as if poleaxed - there is no blue print for grief .They don’t come over well in the same way that Lindsey Chamberlain did not come over well. ( whose child was taken by a dingo at Uluru ) so for not coming over well she got life with hard labour on no evidence at all .The shameful things that have been said and done to the McCanns can have only exasapated their grief . They carry with them their own guilt no need for everyone else to persecute them .

People take tragedy in different ways and who would want to walk a minute in their shoes .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2020, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I hope the German police are correct looking at the story today it looks like they might be and this terrible nightmare the McCanns have endured might end.

If it is true...what a shameful bunch the Spanish police are !
They were more interested in blaming the parents and protecting their tourism than looking for the truth.
Portuguese Summer
Yes they were disgraceful the main detective made money out of their tragedy .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 09:02 AM

When l saw the article last night, l thought l hope it doesn’t come up on the forum. Threads anywhere on the McCann family never end well and bring out the most spite and venom in some people.

There have been so many new leads on finding out what happened to Madeleine over the last 13 years but even after all the millions of pounds spent, they have come no closer to finding her.

Page 3 of 53 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top