Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 08:42 PM

Re: Have you killed a living animal?

I have killed good jokes and seriously harmed promising threads in here, but animals never.

Of course, I am disregarding the hordes of animals that end up in blister packs and polystyrene trays courtesy of Waitrose thus relieving me of the horrors of the slaughterhouses.
Sharioni
New Member!
United Kingdom
Sharioni is female 

19-02-2019, 03:53 PM

Not on purpose. Everything has the right to live - as much as we may not like them or understand their reason for being.
Mrs Foxtrot
Southern England
Mrs Foxtrot is female  Mrs Foxtrot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Anything living and not human: Animal, insect, bird or fish?

Have you felt upset following your actions or did the thing deserve to die?

Would you kill an endangered species if it threatened your life?

If it were not living, then you could not kill it.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 12:31 AM

Yes must admit to killing lots of things mainly fish rabbits and wood pigeons,

a case of having to,

When your Mother is a widow and living on £ 7. 10 shillings a week I never really had an option but to.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 10:50 PM

One of my dogs caught a baby Rabbit in the garden today. Poor wee creature died in my hands. Heartbreaking.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Yes must admit to killing lots of things mainly fish rabbits and wood pigeons,

a case of having to,

When your Mother is a widow and living on £ 7. 10 shillings a week I never really had an option but to.
Yes ,that's fair enough but I'm sure the royals and toffs don't need to kill to fill their larder.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 12:31 PM

Guilty to killing flies and wasps. Ugh! but actually makes me a hypocrite as one who says they couldn't harm anything as they have just as much right to live as any other species.
Can't help it though, Flies are disgusting and wasps can hurt me,(as they often have) so no second chances if I spot them indoors.

I refuse to kill even a spider otherwise, though scared of them, especially those poor ones trapped in the bath. HWMO would happily just run the water and flush them down the plug hole but I won't hear of it. He has to use the humane spider catcher (a sliding lid contraption on a pole) and let them free outside.
If HWMO isn't around to use the spider catcher, I've even been known to hang loo paper over the edge of the bath so the spider can eventually climb out by itself, with me well out of their way.

I cannot help thinking back to when I was very little, watching my six cruel brothers and their friends setting fire to caterpillars on a rock. They would just laugh as I cried at what they were doing to those little creatures! They also used to catch butterflies and keep them in jars until they died. Children can be so cruel.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top