Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 12:01 AM

Re: Take that Look off your Face

I look in the mirror and see it misting up.
Oh yes the hot tap is running.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 03:01 AM

Absolutely
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 05:44 AM

Apart from shaving I rarely look in the mirror at my face. I check my appearance, clothing attire etc. of course and I sometimes make sure I'm keeping the weight down and retaining some hard-earned muscle ...

But when I do occasionally feel the need to stare into my own eyes it's for a reason. It's normally if I'm having an "episode" about how I'm thinking about my life at that moment. I then say quietly "Look at you. What happened with your life? What a d!ck" or words to that effect.
Do I trust myself? In a way that I can be trusted to live my life without my feeling confused about myself and to change anything to be more positive and sensible? Not particularly, no I don't
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
most definitely, I am the most honest and sincere person I know, I'm glad I am me. I do however find it hard to trust other people, probably because I've been let down too many times.
Yes same here LQ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When you look In the mirror, would you trust the person looking back at you?
Not if I was wearing a pretty dress.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 07:28 PM

This seems poignant.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 08:14 PM

The old Mothers always had a remark to pass no matter what look you had on your face. If you were smiling my Mother used to say, ‘What have you been up to now? I’ll wipe that grin off your face” If you had a long face she’d say “ Get rid of that long face, it’s not the end of the world yet” and if you said nothing and just looked normal you’d get “What’s up with you? Cat got your tongue?”
It was a no win situation all the time for us poor kids, little did we know at the time that it was her way of caring so much about us.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:55 PM

I would trust the person in the mirror but not the little old lady I see reflected in other surfaces outside my home. She looks grumpy and sinister!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Apart from shaving I rarely look in the mirror at my face. I check my appearance, clothing attire etc. of course and I sometimes make sure I'm keeping the weight down and retaining some hard-earned muscle ...

But when I do occasionally feel the need to stare into my own eyes it's for a reason. It's normally if I'm having an "episode" about how I'm thinking about my life at that moment. I then say quietly "Look at you. What happened with your life? What a d!ck" or words to that effect.
Do I trust myself? In a way that I can be trusted to live my life without my feeling confused about myself and to change anything to be more positive and sensible? Not particularly, no I don't :confused:
That's very profound, Floydy. I suspect that there isn't one of us who hasn't sooner or later been held back from taking a risk and making a change that would probably be for the better.

You are right, we can't be trusted!

On top of all that I don't like in the mirror - there's a chicken too!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-02-2019, 05:45 PM

I think I cracked it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top