Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:01 AM

More transitioning people

Just half-watching this programme on telly at the mo about people changing sex.

One young lad who wants to become female is self-prescribing his own drugs and buying them over the internet!
His own doctor has warned him about buying internet drugs, but he/she is carrying on anyway.

Another lady's husband has told her he wants to become a woman, then began dressing as a female.
His wife has done her best to adjust to their new life.

They invited some old friends round for an evening meal and the hubby is dressed and made up as a woman in front of his guests for the first time.

I just can't imagine going to dinner with friends you have known for years, and finding your friend's husband sitting there dressed up like a woman.
I wouldn't know what to say - would you?

I have always been content as I am, so can't pretend to understand the feelings they have.
I do feel very sorry for this man's poor wife though.
She has tried so hard to accept losing the only husband she has ever known to a virtual stranger.

As I write, she has just watched him having long hair extensions put in, and the wife went outside and sobbed her heart out because she said it felt like her man has finally gone for good.
She looked broken.

One thing always strikes me as strange looking, is many of these transitioning men are about 6'6" with shoulders like an Ox, and no matter how much make-up or pretty frocks they wear, they still look like a bloke in drag to me.
And what about the deep voice?

Is transitioning becoming more and more common do you think, or is it just that it is talked about more nowadays?

Do you think you would be able to accept it if it were your own spouse?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:33 AM

Re: More transitioning people

Bound to get backlash for this comment, but I think many men have a tendency to like dressing as women.
Any chaps dressed in drag, pantomime dames , ugly sisters, etc. love it. They enjoy the other side, walking in high heels , and make-up. You'll even get footballers wearing drag costumes for charity events.... and they love it too.

Maybe they like their feminine side, but for those who feel they were born into the wrong body, I feel very sad for, and for the lady who would appear to have lost her husband, extremely heart breaking. She'd obviously been very brave but everyone has a breaking point if it's a constant uphill battle.

Today it's been reported in one rag, that schools are looking at the option of referring to mum and dad as .... wait for it ..

Parent 1 and Parent 2. That is so children from gay couples will not feel outcasts . It's instead of having 2 daddies or 2 mummys FFS !!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:41 AM

Thing is Puddles, in your last paragraph about Parent 1 & 2, you say it is so as not to make children from gay couples feel outcasts - right?
But what about the kids who come from normal heterosexual parents?

How will they feel not being able to refer to their parents as Mum& Dad? Is anyone considering them as well?

I am so glad I didn't have to grow up in the confusing world that todays kids will live in.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thing is Puddles, in your last paragraph about Parent 1 & 2, you say it is so as not to make children from gay couples feel outcasts - right?
But what about the kids who come from normal heterosexual parents?

How will they feel not being able to refer to their parents as Mum& Dad? Is anyone considering them as well?

I am so glad I didn't have to grow up in the confusing world that todays kids will live in.
Obviously the kids from heterosexual families don't really count anymore. The children of today are going to be so confused with twisted minds. Children don't even know the meaning of sex or anything else relating to their own body for long enough, and don't need all these shock horror things being directed at them Sensitive little children being made to grow up far too soon. It's painful and tragic. IMO.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-02-2019, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Obviously the kids from heterosexual families don't really count anymore. The children of today are going to be so confused with twisted minds. Children don't even know the meaning of sex or anything else relating to their own body for long enough, and don't need all these shock horror things being directed at them Sensitive little children being made to grow up far too soon. It's painful and tragic. IMO.

Yes, it seems that way to me, too.
And it all seems to moving so fast as well.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 04:45 AM

Let them do it if they want but they should stay away from the majority of us who think they are weirdos.
I'm sorry but I just can't get my head around this sort of thing.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:16 AM

A man who would do that to his wife is not worth loving she deserves better I hope she realises that and finds happiness elsewhere.

Words are easy though aren't they....poor lady.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:27 AM

I would be quite happy for my husband to dress as a woman if I loved him enough to want him to be happy.
I'd rather people be who they want, be honest, not keep secrets than try to be someone they're not.
Having had two "men's men" husbands who were both bullies in their own way, one who lied about everything, I would rather have a man who is honest and comfortable in his body.
I know a few trans people, they are very pleasant and have empathy for others. They are also very happy to be able to be themselves at last.

I think people are more than looks and clothes, can we not accept that?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I would be quite happy for my husband to dress as a woman if I loved him enough to want him to be happy.
I'd rather people be who they want, be honest, not keep secrets than try to be someone they're not.
Having had two "men's men" husbands who were both bullies in their own way, one who lied about everything, I would rather have a man who is honest and comfortable in his body.
I know a few trans people, they are very pleasant and have empathy for others. They are also very happy to be able to be themselves at last.

I think people are more than looks and clothes, can we not accept that?
If you are comfortable with it.. fine. This lady cried when he was having his hair extensions she was obviously broken hearted....if we are talking about honesty I think it's a bit late after years of marriage and living a lie to suddenly decide it's ok to totally devastate your partner .... sorry I think it's a selfish and cruel thing to put his wife through.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:52 AM

He obviously wasn't happy and felt he couldn't talk to her. Now that things are more accepted, he knows that he's not the only person to feel like that and felt it's time to be who he feels he is.
It's cruel to make people feel like freaks.

Lots of people change their looks and bodies to suit their ideal and we don't challenge them.
Men and women change the shape of their bodies to feel comfortable in them.
Some take hormones to help them acheive that, women take HRT to fool their bodies into thinking they're young.

I don't know why we think we should condemn others especially if it doesn't affect us or our lives personally and hurts no one.

It could have been worse, that woman could have been living with an abuser, thief or murderer for years.

Lots of people find out hidden things about their partners and spouses, wearing clothes they want is not the worst thing in the World is it?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top