Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:45 PM

Shops where you live

Are you bang in the middle of a city centre or is your nearest local store 10 miles away from your house? How easy is it for you to get your provisions in?

I'm on the outskirts of my town but it's still populated with a decent number of shops.
At the end of my road is (in order of appearance) a Premier local store/newsagent, two hairdressers, a gas showroom, a greetings card/bric-a-brac shop, a bookies, two Chinese takeaways, a Post Office, a fish and chip shop and a sandwich shop. There is a pub opposite and a large Tesco just up the main road. The city centre is a 10-minute drive away.

Can you get everything you need really easily or do you need to wait at the bus stop every third Wednesday at 2.23 pm for the next journey into town?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:55 PM

Re: Shops where you live

We get almost everything delivered. But we do have a convenience store a few minutes walk away and a supermarket within ten minutes.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:58 PM

Near us we have 2 co-op's and several beer offs but sorry to say - I never use the local shops.

I mostly pick things up when I go to town in the car.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:06 PM

I live 5 minutes walk from my town.

We have a large Tesco (I'm not keen on Tesco) Aldi, Iceland and a small Asda. In the middle of the town is a post office owned by an Asian family, a phone shop owned by Asians, an indian food shop, an Indian ice cream parlour, 2 Asian chicken shops, a café, a fish shop, 2 opticians, 2 Asian clothes shops, a jewellers, Chinese takeaway, bric-a-brac shop, Asian store that sells ecigs, an Italian restaurant, 2 chemists, charity shops, numerous indian take aways, couple of pubs. Almost every business in my town is Asian run.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:48 PM

We have a local Co-op that's also a sub P O, just down the road, abot a 10 minute walk away, the village, though it's now classed as a town, has lots of shops, including a big Co-op, a convenience Tesco & a Mcolls. A super Tesco about 3 miles away & Sainsburys about 10 miles away. Lots of takeaways & two resteraunts, & others.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:58 PM

Twenty minute walk from the shops...we have Lidl,Tesco,pound stretcher,wilko,etc..

I walk to the shops with my ruck sack..I like to get as much exercise as I can...luckily for me I am able bodied.

When I go to Newbury to visit my son...I prefer the shops that are there...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Twenty minute walk from the shops...we have Lidl,Tesco,pound stretcher,wilko,etc..

I walk to the shops with my ruck sack..I like to get as much exercise as I can...luckily for me I am able bodied.
Get a big, active dog!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:41 PM

We are very lucky in our little village we have three butchers,a greengrocer ,bakers,chemists, a newsagent and a fish monger and a shop selling all organic stuff.There are two medium sized supermarkets but we try to avoid those.Unfortunately there are more empty shops too these days.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Get a big, active dog!

I have a jack Russell ..you can't get much more active than that...we often go out running together.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

02-11-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have a jack Russell ..you can't get much more active than that...we often go out running together.
Do you think he could keep up with Max?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top