Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:54 PM

Tonys memory box.

I spent an hour or so today making a memory box for my husband Tony. As his Alzheimers gets worse he can't remember familiar places without a reminder. Starting with pubs he knows or knew....

I shall add to it later - houses we've lived in etc..

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:57 PM

Re: Tonys memory box.

What a brilliant idea Carol .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 06:59 PM

That is a great idea Carol.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:05 PM

Thanks ladies.
He gets so frustrated when he can't remember a place I mention - I wanted to help him as best I can.

He's always loved pubs - so a good place to start..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:18 PM

Carol, Tony has a lovely wife who wants to help him, yet treats him the same as she has always done. I admire you for that!

Can I suggest that you add some photos of the two of you together.... you know, things like your wedding, with your babies or even on holidays. I understand that older memories fade more slowly.

I shared a room in hospital with a lady who had the same illness & she couldn't remember recent things, but she talked all night about the music and the fashions of the 1950's.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:40 PM

That is a lovely thing to do, Carol.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:40 PM

brilliant and wonderful idea Carol. Photographs, newspaper cuttings, if you have souvenirs of holidays you've taken together, CDs of his favourite music, items related to his work and hobbies. I did this when I was carer for a lady with dementia, we used to sing old songs together, she never forgot the words to the old songs. I used to get her to reminisce and she loved talking about the old days.

I'm sorry for Tonys Alzheimer's, it is so hard on both of you. I wish there was something I could do for you. I love how positive you are Carol, keep being the lovely, caring lady you are (hugs) xcxxx
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:18 PM

This is a lovely idea, Carol. So often, a person feels helpless to care for the loved one with this disease, but this is something constructive that you both will be able to share for quite a long time.

He is a lucky man indeed to have you by his side. x
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
This is a lovely idea, Carol. So often, a person feels helpless to care for the loved one with this disease, but this is something constructive that you both will be able to share for quite a long time.

He is a lucky man indeed to have you by his side. x
I really agree with you, Right Now

It shows how much Carol cares, how much patience she has and above all, how devoted she is to her husband Tony, in sickness and in health.

I hate the saying but....... Carol, l salute you.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:40 PM

That is such a touching thing to do,for your husband,Carol.

You can share with each other...walking down memory lane..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top