Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:48 PM

Why can't people ...

do what they say they will do? Two examples for today :-

1) D & L, whom I have not seen for a while, said they would call in for a cup of tea when they had finished their shopping this afternoon. So I waited - kettle to hand - tea cups out on a tray - and waited, and waited, and am still waiting! It is so annoying when people do this - I could not settle to do anything or even begin to prepare/cook my dinner. They do have a dog - so maybe wanted to be home before the stupid fireworks began - that I can understand - but they are both mobile 'phone users/addicts. One 'phone call would have been courteous!

2) Telephoned C for a natter. She said she was waiting for a call from her son - could she call me back in half an hour. That was 6:00pm. Turned down an invitation to go to a neighbour's for a glass of wine because I was waiting for her to call. Am still waiting.

It is so rude as, in a round about way, they are saying their time is more important than mine!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:00 AM

Re: Why can't people ...

Ooh Tabs, boy do I understand what you mean.

I think most men have a problem with communicating (hides quickly ).
It is builders in particular I am having unbelievable problems with. After being let down several times by different men saying they would come and price a job never turn up, I finally found one one who was due to start work last Monday.
He never turned up either!
He phoned the next day. Bit late then!
I had alterned my whole weed to accomodate him.

Another builder ages ago was going to demolish my kitchen extension and rebuild it. He never turned up either.

Yet another builder cleared off off to Croatia the day before he was supposed to start! He never said a world about having a holiday booked!

The list goes on . . . .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:03 AM

People can be a waste of time, sometimes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:06 AM

You do your best, then you are the best thing since sliced bread, then, when it goes tits up, you are a total waster, work that one out.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:20 AM

It's really frustrating when this happens.

I wonder whether C was let down by her son just as you were by her. Maybe he didn't call and she was too upset to then talk to anyone.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

I wonder whether C was let down by her son just as you were by her. Maybe he didn't call and she was too upset to then talk to anyone.
Annie, you must be one of those people who think the best of others.

A good friend to have.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

I wondered about that, Annie. The son in question is a Police Officer in London - so anything could have happened. Emailed her instead to check if everything is OK.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

03-11-2019, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by right now ->
annie, you must be one of those people who think the best of others.

A good friend to have. :-d
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 01:18 AM

I have a similar moan. I'm having a new boiler installed next week by British Gas. The company who run the block have asked for details of the works, as scaffolding, for instance is involved. I've rang the salesman concerned who did the deal to contact me, but the bugger has ignored me. So. I'm going to send him an e-mail, demanding he get in touch with the company running the block, to put them in the picture. If he does not do so, I'm cancelling the whole damn thing! That should put a rocket up his behind. I just hate people who treat you in a disrespectful and offhand manner. I myself would never carry on in that cavalier manner. Rant over!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
do what they say they will do? Two examples for today :-

1) D & L, whom I have not seen for a while, said they would call in for a cup of tea when they had finished their shopping this afternoon. So I waited - kettle to hand - tea cups out on a tray - and waited, and waited, and am still waiting! It is so annoying when people do this - I could not settle to do anything or even begin to prepare/cook my dinner. They do have a dog - so maybe wanted to be home before the stupid fireworks began - that I can understand - but they are both mobile 'phone users/addicts. One 'phone call would have been courteous!

2) Telephoned C for a natter. She said she was waiting for a call from her son - could she call me back in half an hour. That was 6:00pm. Turned down an invitation to go to a neighbour's for a glass of wine because I was waiting for her to call. Am still waiting.

It is so rude as, in a round about way, they are saying their time is more important than mine!

Would you be able to let them know..in a polite way..how upset you were,over this?

I can assure you,I have also had a good old moan at times in the past.

I also have a insurance contract...I ring them,make an appointment ,the date set..all is well...then a few days down the line...I get a phone call..can we rearrange another day..

I like to think the best of people as well....but it's not always possible.....

Because some are b.....y rude and inconsiderate .....there I said it.....I feel better now..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top