Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:25 AM

Amazon Verification?

I've just had an email from Amazon informing me that they have suspended my account as they need to 'verify account information'

Does anyone know anything about this?

Is it a genuine enquiry or procedure by Amazon, or is it some kind of scam?
I hear so much about that sort of thing that i'm reluctant to give up passwords etc without some kind of confirmation or reassurance
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:35 AM

Re: Amazon Verification?

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I've just had an email from Amazon informing me that they have suspended my account as they need to 'verify account information'

I hear so much about that sort of thing that i'm reluctant to give up passwords etc without some kind of confirmation or reassurance
Bung it in the bin zuludog, I'm betting it's a scam.
You'll find out the next time you order anything from Amazon, and they will put it right then....If indeed it was them that sent the email.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:37 AM

It's a scam, delete it & don't click anything on it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:37 AM

Are you an Amazon buyer or seller or both?

AFAIK, buyer accounts are rarely suspended but seller accounts are subject to suspension.

About Identifying Whether an E-mail or Phone Call is from Amazon

E-mails/calls from Amazon will never ask you for personal information. If you receive a suspicious (sometimes called phishing) e-mail/call, here are some tips to determine if it's an e-mail/call from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201489210
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:53 AM

Sounds like a scam. You normally only verify an account when you first create it. Personally, I never respond to those sort of emails (not even from my bank) and I have never had my account suspended.

The other thing I could think of is that someone has tried to buy something on your account and has attempted to change the delivery address, so Amazon genuinely wants you to confirm it. Apparently, this is a well known problem at Amazon.

Might be worth contacting Amazon customer services.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Thanks for your replies

I'm not a seller, and I don't buy much on Amazon, but it's convenient when I do

I've deleted the email, let's hope that's the end of it
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 12:14 PM

Be aware of this Amazon scam too.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...am-phone-calls

I had a phone call just last week.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 12:15 PM

I agree. ANYTHING like that: Email, phone calls, SMS it's all bull. Scams. Delete the lot. Don't even read them.
zuludog
N E Lancashire

04-11-2019, 12:36 PM

I asked the same question of my daughter, who's far more computer savvy than myself, and she said she'd had the same email
Apparently it's doing the rounds at the moment, and yes, iy is a scam and should be deleted
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 12:53 PM

I asked the same question of my daughter, who's far more computer savvy than myself, and she said she'd had the same email
Apparently it's doing the rounds at the moment, and yes, iy is a scam and should be deleted

I haven't received one so maybe it's been intercepted by my spam-killer or I'm not on the hit-list .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top