Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 02:44 AM

Re: Bushfires- Catastrophic conditions

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
As l said, on the ‘Red At Night’ thread, my son lives in Port Macquarie NSW and roads are closed, he had to drive up the beach to work.
He said, they should be ok as they live on the coast.

Yesterday, he said, Sydney itself was ok, it was just in the mountains that wasn’t ok.

Keezoy, l hope you will be ok. It must be a scary place to live in at the moment.
THanks ArtA Actually the Woodfood fire in the Blue Mts is under control now as far as I know. I hope your son is OK. Down in the dense city [art of Sydney is OK but we are north so a bit nervous. THe southern inner city is usually OK but the North Shore has some huge green belts of parkland so they are much more vulnerable.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 12:17 PM

We are all thinking about you Keezoy, stay safe mate....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:03 PM

My son lives inland from the Gold Coast I spoke to him this morning he says it’s smokey up there buy no fires.
The smoke is coming up from NSW .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
+1....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My son lives inland from the Gold Coast I spoke to him this morning he says it’s smokey up there buy no fires.
The smoke is coming up from NSW .
Muddy, When are due to go there? I think the heat will do you good. I know you hate the cold... Plus, you’ll see your little soldier boy!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

+ me too!

Keezoy, You said, it might be worse there today, did that materialise?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:12 PM

Sorry to hear about these terrible fires. I wish you all well . Do keep us informed
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, When are due to go there? I think the heat will do you good. I know you hate the cold... !
I do hate the cold and we shall be going in January / February but I don’t want to get roasted .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
THanks ArtA Actually the Woodfood fire in the Blue Mts is under control now as far as I know. I hope your son is OK. Down in the dense city [art of Sydney is OK but we are north so a bit nervous. THe southern inner city is usually OK but the North Shore has some huge green belts of parkland so they are much more vulnerable.
Sydney should be ok surely keezoy? Everywhere is in easy reach
of water, so even if you dont havenenough choppers fire engines
should be able to access most places?
What about more inland areas?
What resources do they have?
Regards Donkeyman!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 08:18 PM

It's ironic that while Australia is burning , it's pouring with rain here as I speak. We've sent some firefighters over to help but it's just a drop in the bucket in comparison to the number of fires in NSW and Queensland. All the best to my Aussie mates.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top