Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 12:54 PM

Two billion people in the world are over 50..

...But why do only three of them regularly post in the OFF "Post Your Daily Exercise Routine" thread.

Answers on a postcard please
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 01:16 PM

Re: Two billion people in the world are over 50..

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
...But why do only three of them regularly post in the OFF "Post Your Daily Exercise Routine" thread.

Answers on a postcard please
Because some people take the meaning of 'Being Old' literally Floydy....

You don't stop because you're old...
You get old because you stop....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 01:24 PM

I don’t have a daily routine .
I have a dog which I take for walks everyday .
He also does agility once a week which means I do a fair bit of running about too
When I am in Spain I go for long walks ( hikes ) twice a week and I ride horses at least twice a week doing classical riding ( dressage ) which is quiet exacting .
The horse I ride is no slug so I think I’m doing pretty well.

I try to do the 10,000 steps a day which IMO is pretty good .

I hate gyms with a passion they are so BORING !

If exercise was more interesting more people would do it .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 01:26 PM

to be fair just because people don't post on the daily exercise routine thread doesn't mean they don't exercise and keep themselves fit, it's just you three are fitness freaks *running for cover* there ya go, I just done my exercise for the day running away from you hahaha
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 01:29 PM

It was only a question. I wasn't having a dig at anybody!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don’t have a daily routine .
I have a dog which I take for walks everyday .
He also does agility once a week which means I do a fair bit of running about too
When I am in Spain I go for long walks ( hikes ) twice a week and I ride horses at least twice a week doing classical riding ( dressage ) which is quiet exacting .
The horse I ride is no slug so I think I’m doing pretty well.

I try to do the 10,000 steps a day which IMO is pretty good .

If exercise was more interesting more people would do it

I agree with that, Muddy.

I have rejoined my local gym two, or even three times now, but have left because I found it so boring.
I am not one of those who enjoys posing in front of the mirrors like some of the men there either.

Other than my yoga three times a week, I would sooner be outside in the fresh air ding something, than using lumps of iron in a dismal, grey walled gym with awful music blaring and the air con nearly blowing me off my bike!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

If exercise was more interesting more people would do it .
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with that, Muddy.

I have rejoined my local gym two, or even three times now, but have left because I found it so boring.
I am not one of those who enjoys posing in front of the mirrors like some of the men there either.

Other than my yoga three times a week, I would sooner be outside in the fresh air ding something, than using lumps of iron in a dismal, grey walled gym with awful music blaring and the air con nearly blowing me off my bike!
No gym for me either - I prefer countryside walking .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 04:48 PM

I really miss exercise particularly swimming. It's usually injuries that have stopped me, but i do take the dog out for a walk every day. I'm very active though. But having a routine is so much better.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-11-2019, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I really miss exercise particularly swimming. It's usually injuries that have stopped me, but i do take the dog out for a walk every day. I'm very active though. But having a routine is so much better.
A sensible and on-topic answer. Thank you, Annie.
It does really knock us for six when we get injured and are restricted, especially when some of us are normally very active and are not as ignorant about their health as some people are. Or is it just because they can't be bothered with looking after themselves and would rather eat pies?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A sensible and on-topic answer. Thank you, Annie.
It does really knock us for six when we get injured and are restricted, especially when some of us are normally very active and are not as ignorant about their health as some people are. Or is it just because they can't be bothered with looking after themselves and would rather eat pies?
Have you realised that housework, gardening, ironing etc etc is all exercise and more rewarding, Floydy?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top