Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:09 PM

Re: Life IS a Box of Chocolates...

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I don't like chocolate anymore. Toblerone used to be my favourite until the Mondelez mob took over - now it just tastes disgusting.

I'm the same Tabby, except it is not just lately with me, I have never really enjoyed chocolate.

I have been known to eat a finger of Kit Kat on occasions, and I think I had a wedge of two of Toblerone as a kid, but that's about it.
Don't like choclate sauces or anything like that.

In fact, now I think about it, about the only chocolate I like is Waitrose's own brand frozen chocolate Yoghurt. That is yummy.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 06:30 PM

Confess I sometimes include a bar of Green & Black's chocolate in my shopping basket. It's really nice.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:19 PM

They are priced @£12 0r £15.00 per tin
Assorted are much cheaper.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:34 PM

I'm not much of a chocolate eater, not because I don't like them, but because I gain half a stone just looking at chocolate!

If I do eat chocolate which is usually Christmas, out of boxes of roses I like coffee cream and the hazelnut swirl ones best. I quite like orange cream too. I don't like coconut as they give me toothache.

I do find Lindor Chocolates orgasmic, I'm like "oooooohhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh yes, yes, yes"

Did I just say that?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 01:34 AM

I'm not sure about this being a good idea SG. I used to adore fingers of fudge and once in Costco I bought a whole box (I'm not sure how many but it was the type of box to stock up a sweetshop!). I then ended up bingeing on it as after all it was a favourite.... Now I cannot bear to look at them any more. So be careful what you wish for IMO.

p.s. I also love the coconut ones. They are the best!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 07:42 AM

The purple one , the strawberry creme and the coffee creme ( which they don’t do any more .)

Best thing is not to buy but I dare say we will at Christmas getting one of those ever smaller plastic ‘tins’
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 07:56 AM

Life IS a Box of Chocolates...

Sure is "Everyone's a Fruit and Nutcase".
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 08:45 AM

I'm not a soft centres kinduva guy, give me nutty abominations.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 02:20 PM

I like the coffee cremes but I hate the "cracknel" or whatever its called. It's like Toblerone, impossible to eat without injuring yourself.

leaving an empty wrapper in a tin of chocolates is unforgivable.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The purple one , the strawberry creme and the coffee creme ( which they don’t do any more .)

Best thing is not to buy but I dare say we will at Christmas getting one of those ever smaller plastic ‘tins’
Muddy. I don't have much choice. With all of my teenage grandkids and nephews and nieces, they seem to suddenly have brain-freeze when trying to think of a Christmas prezzie for HWMO and myself and we end up with loads of tins of M&S luxury biscuits and tins of Quality Street and Roses.
Not that I mind, as a present, however much thought has gone into it, is always gratefully and thankfully received by us.

The problem is, that every year, I have gotten into the habit of like now at the beginning of December, going on a diet right up to 22nd December so I can make room for pigging out over the Christmas & New Year period. Then I go on another diet for the month of January. So all those tins are just stuck there in the cupboard, whispering to me. open the dooooooooooor, you know you waaaaaaaaant to, the coconut choccie wants yoooooooooooou to do it.

It's a nightmare!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top