Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 11:42 PM

Such a Pleasure

How lovely to go t o John Lewis Store to try and buy clothes instead of on-line where one has constantly to return garments that do not fit, or are unsuitable and garments are sent out squashed up in a plastic bag hat looks like a bin liner.
The assistants there are very pleasant and helpful and now all have small tablets for queries and orders.
I bought a Hobbs Winter faux fur lined Coat for half price that actually fitted.

Not so at Currys.
Went to Curry's to order a new Tumble Dryer to replace 30 year old one.
Good reductions, but Staff stood around looking board
The assistant who took my order chewed gum the whole time.

I was going to buy an Nespresso Coffee Machine @ £100.00
reduced from £175.00 and the assistant did demonstrate the machine
She went off to see if they had a red one and on the way stared to serve another customer and left my daughter and I standing there waiting

We left and I ordered the same one on Amazon for £90.00.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 12:44 AM

Re: Such a Pleasure

I don't much like the staff at my local Curry's either, Azure, so I can well imagine what you mean. In fact, I avoid the shop now.

I find they are either all over me like a rash before I have even had chance to look at anything, or they are the opposite, and can't seem to be bothered at all.
I really don't like being pounced on by pushy sales people, as soon as I walk in a place.
I prefer to browse around until I find something I like, then find someone to answer my questions.
I find Curry's either one extreme or the other, and one particular chap there gets quite ratty if you ask him more than about 2 questions about the product!

Then the next thing I don't like is how they try to push extra product insurance on you, too.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 04:06 AM

I've had very good experiences at John Lewis this year. I went there again today to sort something out and the place was like a haven from the real world. A great atmosphere for Christmas shopping and full of kind and helpful staff. They have definitely changed their customer service for the better to make you want to go out and shop there.

I wouldn't dare go into Curry's these days. it's probably full of blaring music, bright lights and brash assistants. At least that was my experience when I last went in a few years ago.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 10:01 AM

The nearest JL store to me is Cheltenham, I can't face driving far these days so don't get to shop in-store very often.

I am so grateful to have online shopping, I can shop in JL and collect the items in Waitrose with none of the hassles.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 03:41 PM

Azure, l wouldn’t buy anything from Curry’s but l have gone in there to view an item that l intend buying online.
I buy most electrical items from John Lewis Or Costco, especially televisions where they both give you a five year guarantee.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't much like the staff at my local Curry's either, Azure, so I can well imagine what you mean. In fact, I avoid the shop now.

I find they are either all over me like a rash before I have even had chance to look at anything, or they are the opposite, and can't seem to be bothered at all.
I really don't like being pounced on by pushy sales people, as soon as I walk in a place.
I prefer to browse around until I find something I like, then find someone to answer my questions.
I find Curry's either one extreme or the other, and one particular chap there gets quite ratty if you ask him more than about 2 questions about the product!

Then the next thing I don't like is how they try to push extra product insurance on you, too.
^^^^ Exactly this.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azure, l wouldn’t buy anything from Curry’s but l have gone in there to view an item that l intend buying online.
I buy most electrical items from John Lewis Or Costco, especially televisions where they both give you a five year guarantee.

Very Wise, Artangel

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

02-12-2019, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The nearest JL store to me is Cheltenham, I can't face driving far these days so don't get to shop in-store very often.

I am so grateful to have online shopping, I can shop in JL and collect the items in Waitrose with none of the hassles.
I too get most household goods from Amazon on-line,
very convenient.

For expensive clothes I do like to try them on an look round the Store.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

02-12-2019, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've had very good experiences at John Lewis this year. I went there again today to sort something out and the place was like a haven from the real world. A great atmosphere for Christmas shopping and full of kind and helpful staff. They have definitely changed their customer service for the better to make you want to go out and shop there.

I wouldn't dare go into Curry's these days. it's probably full of blaring music, bright lights and brash assistants. At least that was my experience when I last went in a few years ago.
Yes, AnnieS
That is my experience also.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

02-12-2019, 12:07 AM

Mups
I agree with all your comments, all very true.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top