Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 11:34 PM

Re: bath or shower?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is impossible to clean your arsehole (properly) in a shower.
No it isn't if your shower isn't fixed like mine, you can squirt the water up your arse with the flexible hose.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No it isn't if your shower isn't fixed like mine, you can squirt the water up your arse with the flexible hose.
Yes. but that only leaves one hand to manipulate the soap and eliminate any formational clingons.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:06 AM

It’s a bath for me. I don’t like showers one bit! I even shiver at the thought of them.

Yes, l know some will say, you’re lying in your dirty water but at least l can wash my feet properly in there!

I am not into rose petals and candles. I just love to lie there, close my eyes and go off to sleep for a couple of hours....... not really, l like to just relax for about ten minutes.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:12 AM

I have had one bath in nearly 50 years, I remember getting out of it feeling dirtier than when I got in.

It was when I was in England a few years back and stayed with my cousin who didn't have a shower. What he did have was a bathroom with a carpet! I couldn't believe it, a carpet in the bathroom.

My bathroom (which only has a shower) you could hose down, in fact it has a drain in the floor for just such an eventuality.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes. but that only leaves one hand to manipulate the soap and eliminate any formational clingons.
You manipulate the soap, or in my case shower gel, get it nicely in the cracks with a sponge or your fingers, then use the hose to rinse it out, Simples!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

22-12-2019, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have had one bath in nearly 50 years, I remember getting out of it feeling dirtier than when I got in.

It was when I was in England a few years back and stayed with my cousin who didn't have a shower. What he did have was a bathroom with a carpet! I couldn't believe it, a carpet in the bathroom.

My bathroom (which only has a shower) you could hose down, in fact it has a drain in the floor for just such an eventuality.
You have a wet room, then. I would love to have had a wet room, but our bathroom wasn't suitable for one.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 04:04 AM

The concept of lying in a pool of water which holds my faecal matter to such a limited dilution abhors me. Add in the cost of heating such a volume of water (circa 4-5 x that of a shower in terms of fuel usage and water wastage). It is a disgrace.

If you want a long soak, go to a public swimming pool or, heaven forbid the sea or a river.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 04:07 AM

You have a wet room, then. I would love to have had a wet room, but our bathroom wasn't suitable for one.
Absurd. Any room can be converted to a wet room. There are such things as pumps if needs be.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I shower first thing every day or after my run.
Haven't used a bath for over thirty years, soaking in the hot water just overheats me and takes far too long. Had the bath taken out a few years ago and had a massive shower put in. Big enough to get half the forum in all at the same time.....
Could be fun proving that one, Foxy!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 05:47 AM

I guess my laundry is a wet room too, it also has a drain in the floor and the walls are waterproof but I would want to remove the chest freezer and washing machine first because they might not take kindly to being hosed down. My toilet is also suitably water resistant though it doesn't have a drain and relies on the adjacent bathroom's drain.

Another disadvantage of a bath is that you have to fill it before you get in whereas a shower you just turn the water on and you are good to go. I can't imagine filling a bath each morning and evening or after working in the garden on a hot day.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top