Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 11:08 AM

Re: A magpie has just hopped into my house!

We will have to call you 'The Bird Lady of Cheshire ' Twink ...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We will have to call you 'The Bird Lady of Cheshire ' Twink ...
It was so much easier when Nom was around though, I really miss being able to call on his advice!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 11:21 AM

Fancy that! We had the same a few years ago. First a wood pigeon walked into the house and some weeks later, a magpie did the same. Big birds when indoors aren't they?

At the moment, a very friendly female blackbird visits the garden. She stands on the grass looking in through the window at me. I go out and she doesn't fly away. I go and get the bird food, scatter some a few yards away and she comes to eat and gather some of it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Fancy that! We had the same a few years ago. First a wood pigeon walked into the house and some weeks later, a magpie did the same. Big birds when indoors aren't they?

At the moment, a very friendly female blackbird visits the garden. She stands on the grass looking in through the window at me. I go out and she doesn't fly away. I go and get the bird food, scatter some a few yards away and she comes to eat and gather some of it.
Isn't it lovely when they lose their fear of us?

Fortunately the magpie left of it's own accord, but it isn't easy to catch a wood pigeon , with your hands, when it is flying round your kitchen!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Isn't it lovely when they lose their fear of us?

Fortunately the magpie left of it's own accord, but it isn't easy to catch a wood pigeon , with your hands, when it is flying round your kitchen!
It must have caused quite a panic! I threw a towel over the birds but even that wasn't easy to do.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 02:46 PM

You're lucky it wasn't a raven Twink!
They sit above your door and say, "Nevermore"!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 02:52 PM

There was a pigeon stuck behind a little cupboard in my greenhouse the other week.
I had to ease it out with a stick and then duck as it flew out the door!
It was like a scene from, Hitchcock’s The Birds!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-05-2020, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
There was a pigeon stuck behind a little cupboard in my greenhouse the other week.
I had to ease it out with a stick and then duck as it flew out the door!
It was like a scene from, Hitchcock’s The Birds!
Oh don't remind me of that film Art!
Quite a few crows come to my garden to eat the leftover cat foods that I put out. One day they lined up on the barn roof, as they did in the film, and it was quite unnerving.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 05:08 PM

Hi

Nom will always be missed.

He always had an answer for you ladies.

The lack of fear by the birds and animals is amazing.

I fished the Rea Brook, sat quietly and had Kingfishers perching on my rod.

Now they are in the middle of town and ignoring humans.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 06:47 PM

On the subject of birds has anyone else downloaded Birdnet? its a site that identifies birds by their birdsong you hold up your phone and it tells you the name. Its amazing when I'm out for a walk or just sat in the garden how many different birds species are around me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top